handicap plots 13/14

ajax trees down

At the Start
this is the time of year all the shrewdies are paving a route to a big handicap in the spring. jonjo will have a few, pipe might and ferdy will for sure.

iv been watching Thomas Edison for a while this one will strike soon

thoughts?

Not sure Ferdy will have many, he trains in France these days. Thomas Edison is in the Greatwood Hurdle this weekend.

Last edited:
yeah I probably wont back TE this weekend il take a watching brief.

still think ferdy could send a few over come march.

McCain will have one lurking, its all about keeping an eye on the losers aswell as the winners.

TE reportedly bled the morning of the Galway hurdle. He's odds in to win one of these pots this season.

Backed colour squadron at all prices for last years festival ran no sort of race. JP will be lining a few up and Thomas Edison May be one of them.

A topic i've been thinking about myself lately

Ned Buntline is ripe for a County Hurdle gamble.

Slaney Star - if ever a horse has been ridden for a h'cap mark his last few races, this one looks like he has - imo.

I backed it from 14s down to 7-2 on its British debut for pipe and Iv never had an easy winner but we got word pipes yard had a bug Cheltenham week hence all his underperformed

Evan Williams is plotting up Court Minstrel and non subtly. He was heavy handed in his interview about the horse before the Greatwood saying his Ascot run was as good as he is despite the ground there, and yesterday for that matter, being too soft.

I like it lads were thinking outside the box, it will be January time before I start backing the handicaps but there's a few there to put in the nag me list

Evan Williams is plotting up Court Minstrel and non subtly. He was heavy handed in his interview about the horse before the Greatwood saying his Ascot run was as good as he is despite the ground there, and yesterday for that matter, being too soft.

Was reported to have been aimed at the County Hurdle last season, but when the rain came they changed plans & went for the Plumpton Sussex Champion Hurdle (and won).

Evan Williams keeps emphasising the need for good ground, I could see him popping up in something like the Ladbroke Hurdle, or the Betfair Hurdle at Newbury in February.

Interesting betting for the 2.40 Southwell today, Razin' Hell has had 3 runs to get a handicap mark, tailed off on debut at Newcastle over 7f on G/S, a more prominent run at Wolves next time over 7f weakening to finish beaten over 30L, beaten 15L at Kempton on 3rd start this time over 6f.

Nothing much to see, given a mark of 45, makes it's handicap debut today at Southwell over 6f, 5lb claimer on board and has cheekpieces for the first time, 20/1 biggest this morning and now blue across the board on oddschecker, 16/1 still available but interesting to see how the betting develops and how it runs today.

Concordin.

PTP winners running down the field on their first three starts under rules seems to be a growing trend.

Back