handicap plots 13/14

One tomorrow at Ascot that is interesting me is Kilmurvy, (declared in the 3:10).

Kilmurvy was 3rd in October behind a horse of Charlie Longdon's called Magnifique Etoile who is now rated 148. Dolatulo was second that day, has won since (destroyed a field in fact), and now rated 139.

Kilmurvy was three lengths off Dolatulo but races off just 123 tomorrow at Ascot, looks quite well-in on the form I've mentioned, and trip and ground look ideal. It'll be interesting to see what prices they go.

Last edited:
One tomorrow at Ascot that is interesting me is Kilmurvy, (declared in the 3:10).

Kilmurvy was 3rd in October behind a horse of Charlie Longdon's called Magnifique Etoile who is now rated 148. Dolatulo was second that day, has won since (destroyed a field in fact), and now rated 139.

Kilmurvy was three lengths off Dolatulo but races off just 123 tomorrow at Ascot, looks quite well-in on the form I've mentioned, and trip and ground look ideal. It'll be interesting to see what prices they go.

I have had my eye on the top weight in this race , but don't think tomorrow is his day I expect another duck egg.

Yeah Brian, (Brian isn't it?), I've looked at everything in that race, including Jonjo's. My thoughts are identical to yours with him.

The horse I fear most is Joanne One for obvious reasons, but I am sweet on Kilmurvy.

Last edited:
Yes frontrunner is Brian - Kilmurvy is one I have in the notebook, finished fifth in a Pertemps qualifier so if they want a day out at Cheltenham then he needs to find at least another 12lb (cant remember if it was last March or 2012 but you needed 137 to get in) so they will need a win or two.

I didn't know that was a Pertemps race... interesting you have it in the notebook, Jakers.

Last edited:
I didn't know that was a Pertemps race... interesting you have it in the notebook, Jakers.

Its a one route I like to take Marble following the Pertemps qualifiers and listing who may & may not get in (it also helps for the Conditionals hurdle), it worked well enough on Neigh where I managed to get a few winners, you know the mark they need to get and although some turn out to be just not good enough it at least helps knowing they are in a handicap race to try and win it like Kilmurvy, Like Minded at Aintree was a recent good example.

I think the qualifying rules have changes again as same race Vaild Reason & Sinbad the Sailor ran in qualifiers but have not qualified - I think top eight qualify, stand to be corrected though.

Do you fancy it enough to support it yourself tomorrow, Jakers?

Last edited:

When marble speaks, it makes a difference :)

Fill ya boots boys.

Last edited:
Kilmurvy is a right quirky horse, squiggle material - never mind Marble there is always another day!

NEW YEARS EVE was given a very suspicious ride to say the least in it's last race at mussleburgh, for starters Dennis Oregan deliberately started at the back of the field, he never looked at any stage really to put the horse in the race, he was happy to keep it off the pace the whole way round. When the kick came to from home he was maybe 10 lengths off the pace, I noticed he never whipped the horse once and the horse appeared to be still moving strongly, but the jockey had given up, ended up getting beat 38 lengths.

I know the horse does not like soft going, so why it was ever made 7/2 fav in a big handicap field was a shade short. The bookies tend to make these bloomfield horses alot shorter than the horses real chances, so I generally will not back them for this reason. I feel this horse is being set up for a big prize 2 mile handicap on good ground, so I will be waiting to pounce and hopefully will get a decent price:blink:

Don't forget, someone on this forum predicted that this stable will dominate in the next ten years!!

Last edited:
Slaney Star - if ever a horse has been ridden for a h'cap mark his last few races, this one looks like he has - imo.

ENTERED RACE ENTERED FOR THE FOLLOWING RACES

14Feb14 1:15 (Overnight) at Fakenham, totepool Valentine's Day Selling Handicap Hurdle

beaten 198L in 5 out of 6 completed hurdle races

A P McCoy riding :ninja: 7/4F :D

Back