Happy Retirement Denman

btw… Ladbrokes, Paddy Power, bet365 and William Hill will refund ante-post bets for the Gold Cup.

I'd like a photo of the Three Musketeers, Steve! Thash if anywunzzz calap - cabal - well, able to focuzz by then!

Thanks for everything Denman. It is lovely to see him retired safe and sound. The videos of his races and especially those with Kauto Star will warm the insides in years to come. Wonderful to see connections who are doing best by the horse.

My aunt would also love to say thankyou and "Go Denman!". She backed him for his Gold Cup from Gran Canaria via me. From then on, The Tank had another fan!

Denman did a lot for racing-his Gold Cup got massive coverage but I will remember him for his Hennessys at Newbury and for being incredibly lairy at Punchestown.Glad he got out in one piece.

I remember him coming down the straight in the Hennessey absolutely TANKing along and everything else flat out. Just ground them down. In my mind, that's when he arrived as a Gold Cup contender. Very impressive.

One of the best 3-mile chasers I've seen, always reminded me very much of Mill House in terms of his mighty physique and running style, as well as ability. Very pleased he's finished his career in one piece.

Ch.4 showed two or three shots of running in the Cups and what you are reminded of is that, in spite of his size, his jumps are no bigger than they have to be to get over safely. He was surprisingly economical at them - no flashy bigger take-offs than needed and no ballooning. For a very big horse, he really looked neat, tidy, and accurate.

Denman reminds me of losing a packet when he beat Kauto Star I hate him :0)

He was one of a kind, a tank, a monster call him what you like but one very good racehorse trained by a man you can call a genius and get very little argument.

Win after win after win for Denman and now Big Bucks hit's 21 on the trot. Thank you Denman thank you Paul Nichols you deserve each other.

Back