Have You Ever Been On Tv?

Triptych

At the Start
I've only ever made two extremely brief, non-speaking, 'in the background' appearances. One was in a crowd of runners at a local fun run about 15 years ago (although I found the video a few months ago and couldn't find myself again), the other was a quick glimpse I caught of myself standing beside the parade ring at Aintree. I could hardly even call them appearances.

Surely someone out there has had more of a starring role?

As I confessed on the "lame to fame" thread, I have been interviewed in the winners' enclosure by Tommo on Channel 4 Racing. Some members of the forum say that they still have the video!

I've also appeared on BBC Business Breakfast - twice.

Several times,

Aniques Roadshow, early 80's, show came to Bolton Town Hall, I ended up between two very expensive vases!

Anfield late 80's again, United lost the game 4-0, I was in the front row behiend the goal when they went flying in, I could be seen very animated, very funny each time the replay is show on the TV.

Elland Rd, late 90's, interviewed outside the ground by MOTD prior to FA Cup replay, United won 1-0.

1999 Semi Final at Villa Park, again MOTD together with my son, shot of Jac was used in the pre match tape showing his back then shot of the ground.

3 times....

1) Standing in the gym with the rest of my school singing;

One Jesper Carrot
There's only one Jesper Carrot
One Jesper Caaaaaarot
There's only one Jesper Carrot

...as part of the title credits for "One Jesper Carrot" - a stand-up routine he did one Christmas in the early 90s which is still repeated on UK Gold every now and then. (I am the tall, handsome chap near the front - if you ever watch it).

2) Standing by the parade ring at Newcastle races with my Dad.

3) Stan James' former PR man Nigel Seeley once mentioned my name on "Geton" on Attheraces. Does that count?

All in all, I reckon I still have about 13 minutes of fame to come!

I first saw an capall on television in Ballykissangel, then on the cinema many times including when he played Alexander the Great in a blond wig.

Very good, Brian! :lol: :lol:

Ch4 cameras were on me leading my boy Decoupage down the walkway to let him go on the track when he ran in the (then) Murphys Handicap hurdle at Cheltenham, where he was a good 4th to Grey Shot in ground that he hated. Ch4 then used that clip quite a few times, particularly on the Morning Line, when they were talking about Decoupage's chances in future races. Cue the phone calls from Granny at 9.30am every time to shriek down the phone that she could see her granddaughter on television..... :lol:

Two wonderful old names there, Shadow. Someone said they saw me at Fontwell one meeting, when I was picking up saddle cloths from the parade ring. I apologised that every time I bent down, there was a picture black-out.

Lost me there (not hard to do)... who are Derek and Clive? Was it anything to do with sewer maintenance?

I was close, wasn't I? D'you know, I don't think I knew about D&C, so there we are - this forum is a source of hidden gems. Or dross. Depending on one's point of view. :)

it was about a female lorry driver, when I was a wholesale greengrocer in Brighton market, she used to deliver to my firm. The hardest part was getting Jeremy Speake to pay for the tea's in the cafe :D

Hi Krizon
yes, lived in Brighton all my life (48 years) and they certainly were good times but alas supermarkets ruined the wholesale fruit & veg trade. I now work in an office for www.findaproperty.com, light years away from being a greengrocer

I first sighted Brighton in 1964, when my Mother and I visited it on our return to the UK from living abroad, and after my Dad had died. I really, really liked it. We went racing with a couple of stewards who lived here, who we'd made friends with on board the ship returning us to the UK. I couldn't say 'home', since it wasn't.

It's taken me via Cornwall, Devon, Libya, Saudi Arabia and Staffordshire, but at last I'm in the place I liked so much 40 years ago! My paternal side comes from Southsea and Portsmouth, so I'm not too far adrift from my ancestors. I really like the south coast, and Brighton is a very cheerful, friendly, and kind-hearted place. It's so full of interesting and creative people, even if a bit too full of them in the summer! But that's the same of any popular seaside place, of course. Anyway, it's nice to know there's a true Brightonian around, and I'll keep your www in mind for the future if I ever change homes (again!).

I fared better than seven people, but not as well as the other seven.

I was only 21 and was convinced that my general knowledge was Group standard, but I was cruelly exposed as a moderate handicapper.

Presenting a trophy at Cheltenham when C4 was filling in some dead air immediately prior to the Ladbroke Hurdle (for which 1.1m people reportedly tuned in) in 1995.

I slipped back into anonymity straight after.

Back