Help Needed

Petticoat Power

At the Start
Can anyone recommend somewhere we can go horse riding/trekking within 30 miles of Whitby.

Our party consists of two reasonably experienced adults, three adults with little riding experience and 2 children (8 and 9) with limited riding experience.

We go away tomorrow, so replies by tomorrow morning would be much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation. :)

Carol XX

We have just returned from our holiday in Whitby. The Farsyde Stud and Riding Centre that Brian recommended was unable to help us for various reasons, but we did find another excellent riding centre near Whitby (click below for details).

Hollin Hall

The horses we rode were carefully selected for each of us and all were good quality riding horses. My horse Aslan and Jim Bob, the horse leading Andy's pony were both entered in competitions at the Egton Show which took place the following day. The people at ther riding centre are friendly and helpful. The children in our party had one-to-one support throughout the two-hour ride and thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

While we were out riding we passed a field where we saw Desert Orchid enjoying his summer holiday. The children in particular were very excited about this. Unfortunately, I did not have a camera with me, so I was unable to take a photograph, but he appears well... :D

Thanks PP, and so glad you and Andy had such a great time with the horse riding. I will make a note of that yard, in the event I am up there and fancy a hack. It sounds as if they were extremely well organised.

Back