Henry Cecil Horses

swedish chef

At the Start
I was told before the start of the season of three horses to follow of Henry Cecil's:
Manifest - caught a tartar in Harbinger first time out before hacking up in the Yorkshire Cup.

Protaras - beaten a head first time out and hasn't run again - I presume on breeding it's because of the firm ground.

Jet Away - who makes his debut today in the 4:00 Haydock - I'm hopeful he may be a class above his opposition today - I'm sure the markets will be informative. Sir Michael Stoute has the current fav in the race and both are owned by Khalid Abdullah - from what I can make out it looks as though Jet Away is carrying the first colours. Maybe someone can verify this?

I think they have a big interview with him tomorrow so this is the build up.

Sheikh M could do worse than sending him all the horses Godolphin appear to have sent into reverse this year !

Last edited:
Help! thread says there have been 4 replies - but I am only able to read my posts - is there any reason for this?

It's ok they magically appeared after posting this.

Last edited:
Sheikh Mo already has the right men in the team - you only need to look at his performances in France and at Saratoga last year he's just put them in the wrong positions.

Owner & Breeder mag also ran a lengthy feature on him, his shirts, his wife, the team, the horses, the house... now that he's back and firing on all cylinders after the problems he's had, everyone wants a piece of him.

Owner & Breeder mag also ran a lengthy feature on him, his shirts, his wife, the team, the horses, the house... now that he's back and firing on all cylinders after the problems he's had, everyone wants a piece of him.

Just shame about the jockey :rolleyes:

Now, now, naughty boy... he did say that he liked to have three as much as possible, but no one particular jockey assigned to the yard. Tom Queally rides work for him a lot, so he's no excuse for not knowing how the Cecil horses run (hanging, etc.).

Ardross never misses an opportunity to have a cut off of Queally. What makes you think Buick would have accepted the position anyway? Gosden is a far bigger job.

I was told before the start of the season of three horses to follow of Henry Cecil's:
Manifest - caught a tartar in Harbinger first time out before hacking up in the Yorkshire Cup.

Protaras - beaten a head first time out and hasn't run again - I presume on breeding it's because of the firm ground.

Jet Away - who makes his debut today in the 4:00 Haydock - I'm hopeful he may be a class above his opposition today - I'm sure the markets will be informative. Sir Michael Stoute has the current fav in the race and both are owned by Khalid Abdullah - from what I can make out it looks as though Jet Away is carrying the first colours. Maybe someone can verify this?

No idea how the colours work with them but if I know anything about markets I will guess that Jet Away will be slowly away, closest at finish.

Ardross never misses an opportunity to have a cut off of Queally. What makes you think Buick would have accepted the position anyway? Gosden is a far bigger job.

Ouch. As a much bigger fanboy of HRAC than Gal is of AOB I think that little remark would have got you a warning back in the Ardross reign of terror period.

Jet Away doesn't show anything on the gallops, colours will always be based on what the trainer declares as his first choice, if you don't nominate it gives preference to a horse which has run previous.

Ardross hasn't forgiven TQ his ride on JACQUELINE QUEST, even if HRAC and Noel Martin have! Once transgressed, they are beyond redemption - just as well being transported to Australia might bring cries of "ooh, yes, please!" these days instead of shrieks of despair, since that's the least punishment m'learned friend would've meted out to him.

Sheikh M could do worse than sending him all the horses Godolphin appear to have sent into reverse this year !

I could not agree more! I'm now really bored of not having many winners from the boys in blue or even in Sheik Mo's own silks. It would be great to have them back, even if he never smiles.

I loved some of the old horses so much and miss the days when they competed at a high level and beat some of the horses I had been following.

I think it is a really damning fact that although their sires are top of the league they cannot manage to get winners from their own stock.

Send em to Cecil! :cool:

That was a very tender ride given to Jet Away - something Ahern would be advised to do if he comes across anyone who backed it .

A tender rider as expected by any fool who half understands betting markets. I ll pat myself on the back for my guess at how it would run.

Jet Away doesn't show anything on the gallops, colours will always be based on what the trainer declares as his first choice, if you don't nominate it gives preference to a horse which has run previous.

I think Cecil's always wear the Abdullah first first colours. It certainly seems that way

A tender rider as expected by any fool who half understands betting markets. I ll pat myself on the back for my guess at how it would run.

Very accurately predicted Gearoid. I wonder if the stewards called him in .

Back