Henry Cecil Horses

Looked the type of thing you'd more expect to see in a bumper at Ballinrobe.

Travelled into the race really nicely anyway.

Ardross hasn't forgiven TQ his ride on JACQUELINE QUEST, even if HRAC and Noel Martin have! Once transgressed, they are beyond redemption - just as well being transported to Australia might bring cries of "ooh, yes, please!" these days instead of shrieks of despair, since that's the least punishment m'learned friend would've meted out to him.

on that subject I will never forgive him (TQ) the ride on twice over in the BC. makes ME crinche (spelling?) with pain whenever I watch it, and I was just starting to warm up to the guy. twice over must be a hell of a hardy (and forgiving) horse to do the biz after the hiding he got there .... :mad:

Last edited:
Indeed CH that was an appalling ride . I am afraid I agree that the ride given to Jet Away was reminiscent of an Irish bumper !

on that subject I will never forgive him (TQ) the ride on twice over in the BC. makes ME crinche (spelling?) with pain whenever I watch it, and I was just starting to warm up to the guy. twice over must be a hell of a hardy (and forgiving) horse to do the biz after the hiding he got there .... :mad:

Tom tried to win the race -he rode in accordance with the rules.

A tender rider as expected by any fool who half understands betting markets. I ll pat myself on the back for my guess at how it would run.

It was certainly given an educational ride and one to look out for -- but nice to see Mr Cecil raising the flag again after that very good performance from Twice Over.

A bit off the subject but I was very impressed with Barshiba yesterday - thought horse and jockey were very gutsy - well done Hayley Turner.

I was told before the start of the season of three horses to follow of Henry Cecil's:
Manifest - caught a tartar in Harbinger first time out before hacking up in the Yorkshire Cup.

Protaras - beaten a head first time out and hasn't run again - I presume on breeding it's because of the firm ground.

Jet Away - who makes his debut today in the 4:00 Haydock - I'm hopeful he may be a class above his opposition today - I'm sure the markets will be informative. Sir Michael Stoute has the current fav in the race and both are owned by Khalid Abdullah - from what I can make out it looks as though Jet Away is carrying the first colours. Maybe someone can verify this?

Jet Away out again Wednesday at Lingfield - hopefully he's had his education with the tender ride afforded him last time out and we can expect a much better showing. Again I'm sure the markets will have a story to tell.

Last edited:
I was told before the start of the season of three horses to follow of Henry Cecil's:
Manifest - caught a tartar in Harbinger first time out before hacking up in the Yorkshire Cup.

Protaras - beaten a head first time out and hasn't run again - I presume on breeding it's because of the firm ground.

Jet Away - who makes his debut today in the 4:00 Haydock - I'm hopeful he may be a class above his opposition today - I'm sure the markets will be informative. Sir Michael Stoute has the current fav in the race and both are owned by Khalid Abdullah - from what I can make out it looks as though Jet Away is carrying the first colours. Maybe someone can verify this?

Protaras (USA)
Date Course Dist Class Jockey Trainer
15:40 Thu 14th Oct Nottingham 1m 2f 50y 5 I Mongan H R A Cecil

From the same source as the start of this thread last year.

Cecils horses have stepped up to speed work, Frankel is fine but will be kept to a mile, Cecil's Derby horse will be World Domination and is an unraced 3yr old that he thinks the world of.

World Domination (USA)
3-y-o (25Mar08 b c)
Empire Maker (USA) (9.6f) — Reams Of Verse (USA) (Nureyev (USA) (8.1f))
Trainer Henry Cecil
Owner K Abdulla
Breeder Juddmonte Farms Inc

From the same source as the start of this thread last year.

Cecils horses have stepped up to speed work, Frankel is fine but will be kept to a mile, Cecil's Derby horse will be World Domination and is an unraced 3yr old that he thinks the world of.

World Domination (USA)
3-y-o (25Mar08 b c)
Empire Maker (USA) (9.6f) — Reams Of Verse (USA) (Nureyev (USA) (8.1f))
Trainer Henry Cecil
Owner K Abdulla
Breeder Juddmonte Farms Inc

Cecil said: “Frankel did everything I expected him to do on Saturday and I now hope he can come good on 2000 Guineas day.

“The race should bring him on and I also feel that another furlong should be to his advantage.

“One can never be over confident but I am very hopeful for him. Win or lose I am sure he will improve as the year goes on.”

World Domination made a winning debut in the 1m3f maiden later in the afternoon, confirming the promise he has been showing at home.

Cecil said of the son of Empire Maker: “I was very pleased with him and he could be exciting but it is not easy going for the Derby with a horse that didn’t run at two.

"We did it with Commander in Chief , I’m not saying we’re going to do it again, but you never know. This horse would have to progress a lot but we are looking at giving him another run or two � I’ll let the horse do the talking.”

Back