Horse In Training Sales - Entries

The market is reflecting the story of the last few years in general terms - the rich got richer and the poor (well in racing terms not so very poor) - they will cut their cloth...

- and maybe pick up some fat crumbs. The top layer is always immune.
Bargains and opportunities for those who hold their nerve, and have good credit

Very Wise was sold for 800 guineas and he's a former Lincoln winner (who admittedly has lost his way somewhat).

Jeez. Well let's hope some smaller stables will be able to pick up a few old warriors to go to war with, and will treat them kindly.

I certainly wouldn't want to send any of my retiring horses to the sales right now, as leisure buyers are no doubt just as pinched as the pros

Very Wise was sold for 800 guineas and he's a former Lincoln winner (who admittedly has lost his way somewhat).

I saw that too and was appalled (sorry about spelling, as ususal). Wonder in general (with the exception of say Sugar Ray) how and why people spend millions on un-tried yearlings, but fully-fledged Gr.III winning racehorses go for 200,000 (ok, is a lot of money but that horse at least proved he is able to run) - how many yearlings are never even make it to the track.

Btw - CLassic Punch was bought back yesterday and will run for a syndicate.

Luca Cumani,s Ask The Butler fetched 200,000gns
and David Loder bought Lion Sands and Sanbuch

Crazyhorse - Sugar Ray isn't even a listed winner, never mind a group 3 winner!

Admittedly he's won a heritage handicap in the Duke of Edinburgh Stakes but still, what on earth was anyone thinking going anywhere near bidding £600k for it???

Sugar Ray was bought for Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Hamdan Al Maktoum and is to join Doug Watson.

Very Wise was bought by Roger Teal and whilst he has a black mark against flat racing, (1 more he's out) I spoke to connections who said he would be used mainly as a hack and won't be over done if he doesn't enjoy his racing.

Sugar Ray was bought for Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Hamdan Al Maktoum and is to join Doug Watson.

Very Wise was bought by Roger Teal and whilst he has a black mark against flat racing, (1 more he's out) I spoke to connections who said he would be used mainly as a hack and won't be over done if he doesn't enjoy his racing.
He's very cheap even for a hack.

DeKock has bought Zulu Chief, Macarthur, King Of Rome and Kingdom Of Naples off Coolmore for the Dubai Carnival.

DeKock has bought Zulu Chief, Macarthur, King Of Rome and Kingdom Of Naples off Coolmore for the Dubai Carnival.

Strange of Coolmore to sell these, with the exception of King of Rome.
- Besides Soldier of Fortune, what have they got staying in training as 4YO + next year?

Any idea what they went for?

Yeats and Septimus, maybe Honolulu. Not sure about Moonstone, and Halfway To Heaven, I think they are keeping one of their fillies in training.

The more success they have, the less spaces there are at their stud, the better the horses have to be to be kept, the better the horses that they sell off are.

Contest repays some of his purchase price today at Lingfield...a small start but a start!

The Tattersalls HIT sales Catelogue is out and some interesting entries. Obviously many will not turn up but plenty of familiar names...

Dragon Dancer
Abraham Lincoln
Bashkirov
King Of Rome
Honoured Guest
New Zealand
Honolulu
Hindu Kush
Macarthur
Washington Irving
Contest
Hattan
Alarazi
Flash McGahon
Icesolator
Hoh Mike
Rock Moss
Greek Well
Snoqualmie Boy
Westlake
Sound Of Nature
Raincoat
Bruges
Championship Point
Halicarnassus

Declared for a 50k race on Thursday at Nad Al Sheba, the 6:30 to be precise.

Should help pay off that price-tag! :lol:

Back