Horse racing in a new Perspective

Nick Horler

At the Start
Just wanted to introduce myself I am a Freelance Photo artist based in Chepstow..

Just over 6 months ago I was introduced to David Dent,and from that day onwards David and his Brother Adrian have given me the opportunity to display my work in there Galleries at Chepstow and at Cheltenham on race days!!! David felt that with my artistic eye, I could capture and portray horse racing in a new perspective. So over the last few months I have been taking photographs at Chepstow and Cheltenham and have had some lovely remarks about my new style of my race horse photography....
If you like to see my work please visit my web site... and look for the galleries called 'Chepstow race days' and 'Over the jumps'
http://www.nickthechef.co.uk
This is an example of my work which I feature in my gallery. Titled 'Irish Legend'.
nickthechefIMG_sold7034.jpg

I also have a photo story called Race day at Chepstow.http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx9tt3x6rdA

A big thanks to David and Adrian Dent for your inspiration and the opportunity that you given me.

Kind ones
Nick.

Last edited:
Seconded on Tracy being superb.

Really like that photo Nick. Will have to get my Auteuil photo's uploaded at some point, one my OH took of Monoalco winning the Prix D'Automne looks near enough identical to the one that appeared on the next days Paris-Turf so pretty chuffed with that.

On looking at your website, I see that you've captured the famous downhill finish at Chepstow perfectly!

I take photos like that, only thing is I don't mean to.

A lot of folk do..But in my case I look to take that shot to capture movement and give the image its artistic style...Don't think any body else is publishing shots like I do..The Best thing is that I had load's of positive comments about my work from owner's,trainer's and jockey's and general public at Chepstow and Cheltenham...

On looking at your website, I see that you've captured the famous downhill finish at Chepstow perfectly!

Thanks for your comment!!!!

Last edited:
Back