Horses Out For The season (NH)

Looked a very soft unseat, Harry, and the horse managed to complete the course so no cause for concern I don't think.

RIVER LIANE, Tom Cooper's smart novice chaser who won on his debut over fences at Naas in October, has been ruled out for the rest of the season after picking up an injury at Limerick's Christmas meeting.
Cooper said on Thursday: "We weren't happy with River Liane after he ran secondto Dancing Tornado in the Grade 2 novice chase at Limerick on St Stephen's Day and we've had it confirmed that he has a tendon strain, so he is going to be out of action for most of this year."
The six-year-old had won twice over hurdles before embarking on a chasing career this season.

I say, that's very clever stuff with the red links to the subject matter, Alders. I'm mighty impressed - as someone who didn't even know the italics bar existed until a year ago, though, I'm fairly impressionable about this sorta stuff!

RIVER LIANE, Tom Cooper's smart novice chaser who won on his debut over fences at Naas in October, has been ruled out for the rest of the season after picking up an injury at Limerick's Christmas meeting.
Cooper said on Thursday: "We weren't happy with River Liane after he ran secondto Dancing Tornado in the Grade 2 novice chase at Limerick on St Stephen's Day and we've had it confirmed that he has a tendon strain, so he is going to be out of action for most of this year."
The six-year-old had won twice over hurdles before embarking on a chasing career this season.

They should never have run the chases that day. Track was frozen. Glad Kimberlite was withdrawn......transport problems!!

MIGHTY MAN will miss the remainder of the season after fracturing his near-fore sesamoid. The fracture ison the same leg as the one he injured at Punchestown in 2007, it though an unrelated injury.

The Henry Daly-trained ten-year-old has won of two chases this year and had been a 16-1 shot for the RSA Chase at Cheltenham.

The trainer told Racing UK that his stable star was undergoing surgery. He said: "The vet rang me and told me he'd fractured his sesamoid. We're confident it is not life threatening or career threatening."
The Grade 1 wining hurdler Mighty Man broke down in the Champion Stayers' Hurdle at Punchestown in April 2007, two weeks after bolting up in the Long Distance Hurdle at Aintree.
There, he had emphatically turned the tables on Inglis Drever, who had beaten him narrowly in the Ladbrokes World Hurdle at Cheltenham. As a result he was officially rated the best hurdler of the season.

Daly said he understood it would take six months for the fracture to fuse.

MIGHTY MAN will miss the remainder of the season after fracturing his near-fore sesamoid. The fracture ison the same leg as the one he injured at Punchestown in 2007, it though an unrelated injury.

The Henry Daly-trained ten-year-old has won of two chases this year and had been a 16-1 shot for the RSA Chase at Cheltenham.

The trainer told Racing UK that his stable star was undergoing surgery. He said: "The vet rang me and told me he'd fractured his sesamoid. We're confident it is not life threatening or career threatening."
The Grade 1 wining hurdler Mighty Man broke down in the Champion Stayers' Hurdle at Punchestown in April 2007, two weeks after bolting up in the Long Distance Hurdle at Aintree.
There, he had emphatically turned the tables on Inglis Drever, who had beaten him narrowly in the Ladbrokes World Hurdle at Cheltenham. As a result he was officially rated the best hurdler of the season.

Daly said he understood it would take six months for the fracture to fuse.

That`s a real shame. Can`t see him back on a racecourse to be honest, at his age.

Binocular - just reported they have found a "muscle problem" that cannot be treated in time for Cheltenham and probably out for the season too.

Had a feeling that something was wrong with Binocular. Could be a wise decision to take him out for the rest of this season and get him fit for next.

Had a feeling that something was wrong with Binocular. Could be a wise decision to take him out for the rest of this season and get him fit for next.

Yes he is still a young horse, take him out this season and see what they have next, and hopefully he can recover to full fitness.

Back