Horses To Follow

• Thread starter Thread starter ItalianStallion
  • Start date Start date
I

ItalianStallion

Hello forumers,

I've been working on creating a book recently based on the two year olds last year and I have selected a varied list of horses to follow for 2009, theres more about how and why I've picked them in the introduction and of course the book is free just click this link, I hope its something different that you can read through. This is not spam im sorry there is no other way I can upload the file so its uneditable and easy viewing, please remove this thread if you are unhappy.

http://www.welikeabet.com/htf.pdf

Liberation runs in the 4.10 Nad Al Sheba tomorow, the first runner to appear from the book and its also a possibility that Saint Arch could be making the Kempton Kentucky Trials.

Cheers

Fair play to you. I won't be reading it this week or next week, I have to admit, but I can already see a lot of work has gone into it. I like the fact you have included a photo of each of the nags you write about.

.................but I have to repeat the question I asked you on TRF(which you haven't got round to answering), where the hell did you get that snap of David Elsworth?

I am more than happy with the first run of the season for Liberation there. Coming of a 152 day break he broke well although didn't really settle in the early stages he found no room in the straight with Durcan having to force an opening for himself the horse ran on well without hitting his top speed but was well held by City Style. Liberation will need further with talk of going to the Craven meeting at Newmarket.

Sorry everyone if there is errors I just thought i'd do something different, I am no Racing expert and far from it but I love taking in advise from more expieranced members to improve my understanding of the wonderful animal that is the horse and the sport racing.

Last edited:
Your piece looks like you've put a lot of work into it - it looks good, well done.

In fairness to you, I did google David Elsworth also in the images section and that same photo appeared on a Daily Telegraph page, and labelled as Elsie! I don't know who it is although it looks a little like Ted Walsh to me. I'm sure it's not Nicky Richards.

I.Stallion, no need for apology.

As I said to you on TRF, I thought it a comprehensive piece of work but I was puzzled by that snap of Elsworth, for all I know it may be a shot of him as a young man but I'm fairly sure he would be 'flattered' by its use now.

Well done alot of hard work , and some nice prospects. Pity La de Two has gone to Godolphin, i really liked that one.

Alright forumers,

Two runners from the book tomorow at Kempton, they are Dunes Queen in the 7.20 Maiden and Mastery in the 7.50 Kentucky Trials.

Well Dunes Queen I really liked her in the parade ring she done what was expected at them odds and I’m sure we'll see more of her in the future. As for Mastery I done the proverbial knackers but was impressed with how he stayed on, for one moment I thought he had the race but defiantly needs further and should be going close on the turf this season.
Cheers

Watched Dunes Queen's race last night IS, but just seen a replay of the last half furlong of Mastery's race. Seen him staying on like a train alright. Dunes Queen done what was asked of her, and indeed a step up in trip will see Mastery to better affect.

Enjoying this thread IS. Getting me back into 'Flat Mood' :D

Start of the flat season Saturday, exciting times! The book has 3 runners out tomorrow and they are as follows;
1.50 Kempton – Saint Arch 4/1
4.30 Doncaster – Everynight 7/1 & London Bridge 2/1

Fingers crossed

Everynight wins at 20-1, I didn't have too much on because I thought London Bridge was very nice. The rail definitely helped everynight, he looked a bit green at some stages and found a little bit of trouble although he battled on well and thats what you like to see!

Back