Horsey Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personal attacks will not be tolerated! If you can't say anything nice, comment only on the weather. Any more and this thread goes.

As for my opinion, why on earth are horses being ridden in a childrens play area anyway?

It's hardly a childrens play area Griffin - it's a roundabout covered in grass, no more no less!!

But why are riders using it? Are there no roads or bridleways nearby?

I don't know! As for your second question - in Birmingham city there aren't too many bridlepaths about!

It's not why there were there that I am commenting on - that is neither here nor there in the context of the assertions made and I care not why they were there or whether they should be there - it was the completely nonsensical rubbish and clearly provocative statements made about making horseriders clear up after them and the frankly hysterical comments made about riding everywhere with a spade and sacks - oh, please!!

Not to mention the incorrect assertions that horse manure is a health hazard. I would be willing to bet there are far more noxious substances rife on the streets of Birmingham than some horse droppings!!! :laughing:

...and as I said before I am now convinced that this is just a windup, trolling if you prefer. (I think the comments about throwing excrement at kids, hoping it ends up in their mouths was the clincher)

Dom, i'm not trying to wind you up but if it is possible for dog owners to carry scoops and bags why not horse riders?

It is not a wind up or trolling. It was a question after something that happened that really irritating me.

Quite what the noxious substances on the streets of brum are I have no idea.

You said riders should carry a spade & sacks, Mike - how, pray tell? You might be able to strap them to the quietest of horses but most wouldn't have it - try strapping stuff to a racehorse, for example. It is unworkable to strap them to the rider either for safety reasons - you can't have movement impaired by a spade and sacks strapped to your back!

Look, I am convinced this is a windup as it is completely nonsensical to me - tell you what, how about writing a letter to the Horse & Hound and the Racing Post suggesting all riders carrying spades & sacks & getting off to clear up their horse's droppings and see what kind of response you get? It's just not workable or practiceable.

isnt that what saddlebags are for, to carry things. And you could use a spade from a bucket and spade set as they are small enough to be carried

So the answer to the original question is that there isn't a law. That's that then. I won't ask any more questions in case people have different opinions as it must be a wind up....

Tell me the last time you saw a horse with a saddlebag! You couldn't use one on a lot of horses - and I have never seen one being utilised in twenty years of riding. They tend to exist in storybooks and in the States on cattle ranches where they take big quiet horses out for days to herd cattle.

Enough is enough - you will hear no more from me on this windup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back