How Was Your Week?

Back from the front. Survived the horrors for another year.

Punjabi set me up for the week at odds od 33/1, 25/1 and 16/1 (on the day without Binocular). Massive returns. In the fortunate position on Day 1 of knowing I couldn't lose for the week.
Two other winners on Day 1 (Quevega and Wichita Lineman) and an each-way return on Kalahari King. Lost on Tatenen, Red Moloney, Cousin Vinny and Binocular.

Day 2 Three more winners (Cooldine main bet). Lost on Can't Buy Time and Karabak.

Day 3. Place return on Punchestowns. Heavy losses on Voy Por Ustedes. Small loss on Kasbah Bliss.

Day 4. Each-way returns on Denman and Walkon.

Overall well up despite Thusday's setback.

Thanks EC. I honestly couldn't see him out of the first two. He wasn't given enough credit for finishing third last year when just five and is a better horse now. His odds were extraordinary, although I confess to wimping out a bit and backing him without Binocular on the day... and I still got 16s on that!

Thanks EC. I honestly couldn't see him out of the first two. He wasn't given enough credit for finishing third last year when just five and is a better horse now. His odds were extraordinary, although I confess to wimping out a bit and backing him without Binocular on the day... and I still got 16s on that!

He was fav for the CH ante post early in the season wasn't he Steve?..or is my memory playing havoc?

that last run created the big price..its amazing just how heavy the LTO run impacts on teh betting sometimes.

The smallest price I can remember after he beat Sublimity was about 10s. But after he slipped up and needed a few stitches in a race he would have won I just couldn't see why he fell so far in the market. Henderson has always rated him highly and told us he was badly in need of his subsequent prep. The form was more or less already there and he is an improving 6yo. That's all I needed.

Fantastic week of racing came back about £20 up which will do me.

Tuesday
redmoloney lost
forpaddytheplaster won
witcheta lineman won
binocular lost celestial halo e/w
l`ami and garde champetre reverse forecast
quevega won

wednesday
kornati kid lost
karabak 2nd
casey jones lost
master minded petit robin forcast
rite of passage 3rd

Thursday
chapurturgeon won
buena vista 2nd
let my heart rule my head and piled on tidal bay
punchestowns 2nd
ping pong never thought i would be screaming at the top of my voice at cheltenham go on ping pong.

Friday really poor apart from king kauto couldnt even get placed which really hurt the pocket.
starluck
sunnyhillboy
cape tribulation
kauto kauto kauto kauto
bloody kingscliff again
poqulan instead of ohh crick, swayed by ruby and nicholls week.

all in all a fantastic week.

I think our party had some angel looking out for us. We had Punjabi and one of us even had the exacta which paid a small fortune. (well for us it is!) I tried to do clever trebles and doubles on mine but as VPU was in the middle of most of them they all fell over bar Big Bucks with Kauto, which was not worth much really. If only I'd done the same with Imperial Commander......

I lost heavily on VPU who I still worship, but fortunately we have a club horse at Nigel's so we had backed Imperial Commander in a saver, and he did. We had Tricky Trickster too, but missed Baby Run who nearly did it. And we had the 100/1 Neil Mulholland Midnight Chase each way, who did not deserve that price at all and proved it.

We are all up by a few hundred, but could be up a lot more had I not gone mad on the last two races which we lost. Also lost a zillion on Walkon, and did not back Zaynor. Oops.

Well done to all who got Andytown, totally missed that one!

I think my best bet of the meeting was American Trilogy, and that was just a fluke. I'm throwing the form book out the window next season, just backing because they are cute, sod it!

Go Native got us out of Cousin Vinny trouble as had backed him heavily in run up and then he looked dejected in parade ring. But as yet have not found a way to cancel ante post bets so I watched grimly as my money sweated it's way down to the start and came slowly back, stumbling along the way. :ninja: (I'm a sad bastard tho, I also still love Vinny).

Punjabi e/w
Masterminded
Imperial Commander
Character Building
Kauto Star
Cappa Bleu

Rest no good had a few placed horses but bet on the nose but about £120 up on the week so thats okay by me ;)

Nice wins on Cooldine (well done Gal), Imperial Commander, forecast in the Ballymore, and Kauto Star. Had a 300% profit on Thursday evening, and despite all my self-protestations to keep it small on the Friday i couldn't help myself and gave 150% of that profit back.

Still up overall and had a great week so can't complain. Would echo the thoughts of Gal and others from the other thread though - Lets bring it back to 3 days!

I had a brilliant day Tuesday - 4 winners out of 5 races :blink: so I did what I rarely do - I backed nothing else until Kauto Star on Friday.....

It was hard at times BUT I kept my Tuesday's winnings and only invested some of it on Friday so it was a great Cheltenham for me....:D

Staked just over 600 quid over the 4 days and managed to be 60 up at the finish largely due to speculative ew's on Something Wells and place bets on Powerstation and Schindlers Hunt.

Punjabi was a winner but felt loke a loser after I had taken 14's before it was 3rd on his comeback run. Got stuck into Big Bucks and KS but gave a chunk back on Cape Tribulation (will get it back though in time).

Great week regardless of profit/loss though.

Staked - something like £500 on something like 160 horses.
Won - whatever I staked +£160. (£162.34 to be exact).

19 winners.

Big thanks to SteveM whose insistence about Punjabi persuaded me to have a couple of quid at 44 the week beforehand. :D

Got behind on the Tues thanks to BIN. Bang in front Wed with my nap of the week Mikael plus Cooldine. My NB on Thurs Big Bucks and Kauto and Zaynar Friday. A brilliant week with the old bookie in the Mandarin,Leo,refusing any more of my bets. Outstanding:D

The ones I was confident about where bad and the tentative ones where good. No major profit or damage but didn't get stuck in too much. It might be the extra day or just the year that was in it, couldn't really get my teeth into it punting wise. Some great races and exciting ones for the future and also some average shite which has no place at Cheltenham.

Back