Hugh Taylor

Colin - but with experts, who presumably make their living from betting, isn't that what you'd expect? We expect estate agents to be able to sell houses, and pilots to fly planes, so is it so surprising that racing pundits can find winners? I'd like to know why so many of them seem to spurn recommending the long-priced e/w nags which have dotted the landscape so often this Flat season. Is it because they dismiss everything below a certain price? But why do pundits seemingly disdain the e/w market?

Colin - but with experts, who presumably make their living from betting, isn't that what you'd expect?

It's all about returns, and from what i've seen, Hugh provides a higher return of winners than most 'experts' out there.

I expect there's a table of pundits somewhere, with the stats on their returns per investment. I can see one could return a high number of winners, but isn't what one wants, as a successful pundit, more a high return of stakes? I'm not sure - as a virtually non-betting person (in spite of my handy Blue Square a/c!) that one necessarily begets the other.

That's about average for most tipsters. So long as they can average 6/1 when they do win, they'll still end up in profit.

Can't knock the man he's been on fire recentley.

Don't know how he found 8-1 on Fontley yesterday, best I could get in the morning was 13-2

Don't know if i've seen it done before, but today Hugh goes for:

5:00 Brighton
5 points win SIMPLE RHYTHM

If you take this thread at face value, that's some losing run :D

Of course it's not though. Hugh remains an excellent judge, as he was when this thread was started.

Last edited:
Loosely linked - the At The Races predictor analysis for the Grand National wasn't too bad, they had:

1st Sunnyhillboy
2nd Neptune Collonge
3rd Seabass!

Here

Had the Hunt Cup winner despite the horse never having run over the trip or even on turf. Not findable unless you have someone in the yard.

Back