Hustle

Typical Hustle - full of holes but made with enough tongue-in-cheek humour to get away with it.

I thought it was awful - on a par with the latter episodes of Rough Diamond. Laughable use of bog standard riding horses as per usual and as for the plot of running a ringer - what about the microchip every horse now has together with a pretty comprehensive look at their passport when they first run.

:what: It could have been a 9 year old - they only started compulsory microchipping in 1999!

Missed it ( before someone tells me it was supposec to be a 3 year old!) - but Im sure it was quite funny if you dont look too hard - I only saw a couple of them last series - despite them having teh adorable Marc Warren in - but Im told it is sorely missing the other lad??

I tuned in as there was nothing else worth watching.

I agree with jinnyj. Dreadful stuff (from a programme I enjoyed when it first came out).

Did the producers really believe this would be remotely believable? How thick do they really believe the viewing public to be?

Did I miss something early? How did they get the horse to appear to run 6f in 69s? Did they shorten the distance between the marker poles?

When they were at the track, I was thinking why don't they just punt the horse themselves?

I'm all for lightweight braindead entertainment after a hard day at work but even I ended up wishing they hadn't bothered with this one.

The one thing I did like was the tribute to The Sting (when Robert Vaughn's character tapped his nose).

Originally posted by trudij@May 11 2007, 11:28 AM
:what: It could have been a 9 year old - they only started compulsory microchipping in 1999!

Missed it ( before someone tells me it was supposec to be a 3 year old!) - but Im sure it was quite funny if you dont look too hard - I only saw a couple of them last series - despite them having teh adorable Marc Warren in - but Im told it is sorely missing the other lad??
That reminds me...

"This can run 6f in 1m11s. That means it will win a Classic!" (which would make it a 3yo, but exactly which Classic did they have in mind?)

You would think with the money they plough into these programmes they could afford someone with a bit of racing knowledge to check the believability of the storyline. They could always get the same person who checks the pronunciation of foreign names on the racing programmes :rolleyes:

You would think with the money they plough into these programmes they could afford someone with a bit of racing knowledge to check the believability of the storyline.

Why? The show is pure fluff, and only about 0.01% of the people watching cared about the details.

"Did I miss something early? How did they get the horse to appear to run 6f in 69s? Did they shorten the distance between the marker poles?"

DO, they managed to buy a stop-watch that lost seven?? seconds every minute!!!

You've got to wonder how about the sanity of any racing fans who thought it was good. Laughable it was so bad. Anyone can write a poor script but how can someone pass that rubbish for broadcast shrug::

Originally posted by Desert Orchid@May 11 2007, 01:17 PM
And who would sell a Classic 'winner' for £50-£100k? I was tempted to phone up and buy the thing myself!
Well you could have got Cockney Rebel for £30,000.

If you find that insulting, Colin, I worry about what will happen if anything genuinely insulting happens to you. It is entertainment and hokum. Nobody believes it.

Paul, at 62, I have had many insulting things happen to me.

I just found this episode totally insulting to my, and I would think many others, intelligence.

How is the pregnancy going, by the way?

3 weeks 5 days to go.... All well so far.

If you watch television drama and expect intelligence, I fear you will be permanently disappointed.

Back