Hustle

No, it just explains why your expectations weren't met. It's like turning on The Bill and expecting a realistic representation of a police station.

Fair enough, but I didn't expect it to be a pantomime with cardboard cut-out stereotypical characters. (If I remember they did actually have cardboard cut-outs!!) :D

Is it meant to be taken seriously at all or is it supposed to be a total tounge-in-cheek comedy?

Originally posted by Gareth Flynn@May 11 2007, 12:44 PM
You would think with the money they plough into these programmes they could afford someone with a bit of racing knowledge to check the believability of the storyline.

Why? The show is pure fluff, and only about 0.01% of the people watching cared about the details.
Precisely - this is Hustle, it's not supposed to be believable, it's purely tongue in cheek!

Originally posted by Shadow Leader+May 12 2007, 11:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shadow Leader @ May 12 2007, 11:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Gareth Flynn@May 11 2007, 12:44 PM
You would think with the money they plough into these programmes they could afford someone with a bit of racing knowledge to check the believability of the storyline.

Why? The show is pure fluff, and only about 0.01% of the people watching cared about the details.
Precisely - this is Hustle, it's not supposed to be believable, it's purely tongue in cheek! [/b][/quote]
take for example the week before when they tried to sell the HOLLYWOOD sign!!

I thought it was fab, haven't laughed so much in ages, especially when they brought out the grey horse to be painted!!

Surely there has to be some semblance of credibility in the storylines?

If not, why not just do a cartoon?

Programmes like Where The Heart Is, Heartbeat, Bally-k and Monarch of the Glen are lightweight, braindead stuff but most of the storylines are partly credible. This Hustle wasn't.

Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased) was more credible than this.

But there's a nugget of truth in the hustles, all right. Who hasn't heard of tracts of 'your very own wilderness' being sold to gullible twits, who didn't even bother to travel to see their 'wilderness', and then found that their money had bought them a fancy piece of paper, and not even a small shrub? Hustlers worldwide work scams which play to the vanity or greed of the investing mark.

I have a surefire winner, beautifully bred, guaranteed to win again and again. We've got an early entry for the Derby for starters. You're lucky I've got just one share left to offer you at £10,000. And the 'names' which own the other shares! Absolutely out of Debrett's! How do people think the ringer was born? :D

Back