I have an audition tomorrow!

Craig Braddick

At the Start
Hi People:

Tomorrow evening I am calling Races 4 and 5 at Presque Isle Downs in Erie, PA (A nice 500 mile round trip for me!) as an audition to become their full time commentator. Only six horses in each race, would have preferred a bigger field, but one step away from becoming the first full time British commentator in the USA!

Craig

Ok, as she is going backwards around the turn I want you to call "Allison's Princess... is toiling" in the style of the 2000 Breeders.

Best of Luck, Craig!

My sister and brother in law live in the USA (Virginia) and I am sure they would love it (they are both horse mad) if there was a British horse racing commentator out there. Please let us know how you get on.

Looking forward to hearing how it went Craig :eek:

It has not, yet. Race 4 is at 6.45PM and Race 5 us at 7.10pm EST!

The two other announcers going for the job also being auditioned are:

Robin Burns: Former TVG host here in the USA. Very well known Harness Announcer - also former Announcer at Laurel and Pimlico. But Keith earlier this week signed a three year contract with a track in Buffalo and the seasons clash, so who knows? He is doing 2 and 3

The Bookkeeper's Husband: Apparently called a few races at the dawn of civilization...is nepotism alive and well in racing? He is doing 6 and 7

I will be doing my best and if I deliver the goods, I believe I will get it.

I have my colors done and am prepared. The Announcer at Mountaineer (the main track in this companies group of tracks) has recommended me. I am not going to let him or myself down, tonight.

Craig

Alas, I did not get the job at Presque Isle Downs. I lost out to a far more experienced commentator. He had better races to call as an audition and they probably chose thr right person for the job. However, he certainly will not be able to do all of the 2009 season and I will be going for it, then.

I expect to be guest announcing at Mountaineer Park in a few weeks time and will let you all know what races I will be calling.

Cheers,

Craig

Back