I just saw the most beautiful horse ever!!

harry

At the Start
Skysurfers, Godolphin winner tonight.:<3:

Looked jet black and even on the TV, quite the most gorgeous animal I've seen.

Pissed the race also

He is certainly a good looking animal and a bloody talented one too. He was very impressive and has big things ahead of him after that, the time looks very strong too.

He beat a 10 furlong horse having a prep race on a new surface - and it's Dubai form! I will hold out on my judgement for a while yet!

He beat a 10 furlong horse having a prep race on a new surface - and it's Dubai form! I will hold out on my judgement for a while yet!

Here we go again; I think Dubai has been sub standard this year bar War Artist but the new surface is going to be a positive and I think you'll see more future stars of American racing out there. Tapeta is a more than fair surface and most horses should handle it easily enough.

He was incredibly impressive given he's only had one run before and he put a group one animal firmly in his place. Running a mile on a new track in under 97 seconds is top class stuff and he's ran the fastest time on the track so far

He might not be the same horse on turf but he's a terribly exciting animal for artificial surfaces and is probably more a USA horse rather than a Europe horse. I cannot wait to see him again and I hope they keep him to the Tapeta for the carnival and then ship him to the States and try him on turf out there.

he put a group one animal firmly in his place.

Was Eagle Mountain a Group 1 miler? No....was he even at his best today over the mile trip? No.

Promising horse that the winner is - all I am saying is he will still have plenty to prove come races outside of Dubai.

Speaking of which when are we seeing our friend Gladiatorus again?

Promising horse that the winner is - all I am saying is he will still have plenty to prove come races outside of Dubai.

Speaking of which when are we seeing our friend Gladiatorus again?

Gladiatorus paid for a 2 week holiday for me, he can never be seen again for all I care! In fairness, that Duty Free contained some very decent horses who have gone on to win at the heighest level (Paco Boy, Vodka to name 2). I suspect it was a combination of substances, the climate and Nad Al Sheba's configuration which helped him achieve those performances and times.

I think you'd be right if they shipped him to Europe, suspect he'd be a disaster but there are some reasonable yardsticks in beyond from tonight's race and he ran up with the pace throughout, was never fully extended and won going away eased down. He'll be hard to beat in the Godolphin Mile on WC night and I think he'd be competitive in US mile races on artificial surfaces.

Even if he doesn't achieve anything outside of Dubai, a Group One win is a Group One win and Dubai is very well respected in Europe and the USA now despite your personal reservations about the form there.

No guys back to my thread....
Forget how good he is...
He's just the best looking horse on the planet

Jet black monster

Last edited:
The best looking horse I ever saw was from Ballydoyle by the name of Mount Parnassus.The last time I saw him he had a betfair sp of 500/1 in the Dewhurst won by Teofilo.

If you want good looking, here is Darley's champion current Australian 3yo colt Denman, winning yesterday's Group 2 event at Caulfield. It is likely he will be heading to Europe in June.

Photos courtesy of my friend Kristen Manning
IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0033.JPG

The 'other' Denman confirmed as being transferred to Godolphin with a European campaign in mind.

Someone who gave a talk at our racing club described some horses as 'garden horses'. By that he meant a horse that was so beautiful that, in your dream world, he would be in a field at the end of the garden and you could gaze at his beauty every time you looked out of the window. I rather liked that.

Ah, that's much sweeter than the first image that sprang to mind, of the beloved equine trampling his way through your prize gladioli!

"Look at me, Mummy! Don't I look lovely in a prospect of flowers?" :D

Last edited:
Back