I'msingingtheblues

Simon

At the Start
Didn't realise he'd moved to David Pipe. Even stranger is the fact he was bought at the sales by Gordon Elliott. :confused:

Didn't realise he'd moved to David Pipe. Even stranger is the fact he was bought at the sales by Gordon Elliott. :confused:

Don't suppose anyone has the Pipe RP Stable Tour in text format?

Could be a quiet year for the stable if the RP video tour is anything to go by, although he has also picked up Massini's Maguire from the Hobbs yard.

DP is my favourite trainer and seems to be lacking some firepower at the moment. Don't know if DJ has any "new" horses in training and it would appear from first glance at the trainers website that Roger Brookhouse has removed his horses from the stable.

On the plus side, David mentioned in his Mirror column last week that Sir Robert Ogden, Alan Peterson and the Tincknall's had sent him horses over the summer. Not sure if Pond House will enjoy a great season, but hope I am proved wrong....

Was going really well before falling today, though am not sure he'd have stayed on the softish ground

Expect him to win a decent prize on a flat track this season if the staying sound

Shannersburg - Ian Williams
Gulf Of Aqaba - Unknown
I'm So Lucky -
Leo's Lucky Star -
Think Lucky - Sold
Estate -
Dream Esteem -
Reset City -
Star Of Germany - Ian Williams
Sona Sasta -
Star Of Angels -
Chartreux -
The Sliotar -
Shinrock Hill -
Good Man Jack -
Ardkilly Rebel -
Freeze Up -
Aboukir Bay - Sold
London Times - Sold
Herne Bay - Ian Williams
Master Of Arts - Mark Johnston
Price Of Persia - moved or retired?

Not sure if all of these are with Ian Williams, but I wouldn't be surprised. Brookhouse only became an owner with the stable this summer, and has also moved Royal Max there from Michael Chapman (quite why he ever left it with said trainer is beyond me). If they're all with Williams it's quite a result for him to get so many, some of which are quite smart, horses.

Shannersburg - Ian Williams
Gulf Of Aqaba - Unknown
I'm So Lucky -
Leo's Lucky Star -
Think Lucky - Sold
Estate -
Dream Esteem -
Reset City -
Star Of Germany - Ian Williams
Sona Sasta -
Star Of Angels -
Chartreux -
The Sliotar -
Shinrock Hill -
Good Man Jack -
Ardkilly Rebel -
Freeze Up -
Aboukir Bay - Sold
London Times - Sold
Herne Bay - Ian Williams
Master Of Arts - Mark Johnston
Price Of Persia - moved or retired?

Not sure if all of these are with Ian Williams, but I wouldn't be surprised. Brookhouse only became an owner with the stable this summer, and has also moved Royal Max there from Michael Chapman (quite why he ever left it with said trainer is beyond me). If they're all with Williams it's quite a result for him to get so many, some of which are quite smart, horses.

Was it because Brookhouse was not happy with Scudamore? More than once or twice last year AP rode his horses although Scudamore was available .

No way!!
he was the biggest owner after Johnson stopped buying?

Who would want to be a trainer eh?

DJ has a few new faces who'll run this winter although I gather most of the new ones aren't with Pipe, mostly Nicholls in fact and he's also ventured across the Irish sea and has become an owner with Gordon Elliott.

Jessies Dream was a winner for David Johnson and Gordon Elliott at Galway today in the beginners chase.

It was as good a beginners chasen as you will see either side of the Irish Sea this season.

Last edited:
It was a good standard right enough and the winner could be decent.

I don't think Venalmar was suited by the track.

That's a helluva lot of horses to pay for! Simon, what's Roger Brookhouse's background (i.e. business/inheritance, etc.), and is he related to Steve?

No idea on his background, other than he's based out of Warwickshire, Kri. Who is Steve Brookhouse?

Just making sure you're both awake! Of course Brookshaw - Jeez, I even visited his stables several years ago! LORD GYLLENE indeed, and the lesser LISTEN TIMMY for Stan Clarke, when the UK was going through its Kiwimania for chasers 10-ish years ago. Strange how that fad dwindled away.

On another note Wise Old Owl was given an idiotic ride what was Mark Walsh doing having a look round .

Brookhouse has a runner for Pipe at Exeter tomorrow (if it goes ahead), so it seems not all the horses have been moved. However, plenty seem to have been, and the ones that have run so far have gone to Alan King, Philip Hobbs and Ian Williams.

Brookhouse has a runner for Pipe at Exeter tomorrow (if it goes ahead), so it seems not all the horses have been moved. However, plenty seem to have been, and the ones that have run so far have gone to Alan King, Philip Hobbs and Ian Williams.

Chartreux, Leo's Lucky Star, I'm So Lucky and Dream Esteem are with Pipe according to horses in training page on the trainers website

Back