In praise of ATR

dilysb

At the Start
ATR deserves praise for continuing to provide plenty of entertainment when we have had so little racing here. And congratulations to Matt Chapman - does anyone know what Alan Brazil was slagging him off about on talkSport?

Being an arse ?

He is an arse - but a very watchable entertaining arse if there is such a thing - his energy is contagious and he can never be accused of fence sitting - a very likeable character in person also - not afraid of enjoying himself.:thumbsup:

That probably sums him up! He does come out and say some things which others won't touch with a bargepole, even if it gets him into a bit of hot water. The snag all broadcasters have is that if they see something they think is a bit fishy (viz Lydia Hislop/RUK/McCoy) and even simply allude to it, rather than confront it straight on, their pool of interview material can dry up pretty quickly, which isn't what viewers want. The two channels do act as platforms for trainers to have their own rants on, though, airing their own views without any comeback, so one might expect it to be two-way traffic. But it's clearly not, since trainers have become more ascendant over the years, to the point where some are untouchable, no matter how 'interesting' some of the rides given or races chosen appear to be.

I don't think Chapman will ever be allowed off the leash fully, but if he had his own channel, it could be a very different matter! "Now, what I've really been wanting to ask XXX for all these years, is this.... "

ATR deserves praise for continuing to provide plenty of entertainment when we have had so little racing here. And congratulations to Matt Chapman - does anyone know what Alan Brazil was slagging him off about on talkSport?

Alan Brazil is in no position to be slagging off anybody:blink: Chappers is entertaining at the very least.

Met chapman once at Sandown, I was heading towards a door to go outside with a cup of hot choccy in each hand when he he scooted over to the door & opened it for me, he wasn't the nearest to the door either,

Good manners go a long way for me

Back