In-running traders

Why don't you then if it's so easy?

I never said it was easy and you would need two people to do it but if you had it down to a tee it could be done. One race watcher, one clicker, i'm sure you can see that it's possible....

I make my living working a full time job however and don't have a partner or the bollocks to do it. If you wanted to give it a go though i'm willing to entertain the idea...

What's all the fuss about. Good phone.use internet connection if good signal , who needs laptop. Else get betfair on phone line and keep them on line doing your bets for you. No fees and simple even for technophobes like me.

When you say Turf TV is quicker than SIS, how do you guage it, the level of delay between live and the betting shop pics? Just curious as they of course have different tracks so it's more difficult to judge than say C4 & SIS / Turf TV.

TurfTV is quicker than SiS in that there is less of a time delay between live pictures and their feed.

I think you may be getting a little mixed up with which channels have which tracks; Channel 4 cannot be lumped in with SiS in the context that they show the same tracks as they don't. Off the top of my head I'd say TurfTV have more Channel 4 tracks than SiS. It's fairly simple - TurfTV has all the RUK tracks plus Ascot, and SiS has the ATR tracks minus Ascot.

I don't know what the delays are, GS, only that it is a matter of a few seconds.

One race watcher, one clicker, i'm sure you can see that it's possible

The problem is you're competing with other groups of one watcher and one clicker. It is a race, and there is always the temptation to dive in that expensive couple of microseconds too early.

Of course in the long run it should be profitable as you are still trading with an advantage over a substantial proportion of money in the market, but to be economically viable in the long term still takes skill.

To make any money from betting requires a lot of skill and perhaps more importantly a lot of discipline. My P&L goes up and down like a yoyo because of a lack of the latter.

TurfTV is quicker than SiS in that there is less of a time delay between live pictures and their feed.

I think you may be getting a little mixed up with which channels have which tracks; Channel 4 cannot be lumped in with SiS in the context that they show the same tracks as they don't. Off the top of my head I'd say TurfTV have more Channel 4 tracks than SiS. It's fairly simple - TurfTV has all the RUK tracks plus Ascot, and SiS has the ATR tracks minus Ascot.

I don't know what the delays are, GS, only that it is a matter of a few seconds.

I wasn't really lumping them together, just meaning it is easier to compare C4 with SIS or Turf Tv, rather than comparing SIS with Turf TV.

The delay between SIS & ATR is a different story!

Back