In-the-saddle interviews. Any use?

It's chicken and egg isn't it. The punter/owner/trainer/breeder/groom can't really function without the other, so I don't see the point it getting over excited about which role is more important and who contributes more

Exactement.

If it were my horse winning a race, I would personally want the horse to come in to be unsaddled as soon as possible, and for the jockey to tell me and the trainer his thoughts first. The television can always interview them afterwards. The other thing which really annoys me is someone trying to pull away an owner/trainre from being with the horse immediately after entering the winning enclosure 'to grab a word'. I would want to be with my horse and trainer and not talking to anyone else at that moment.

If it were my horse winning a race, I would personally want the horse to come in to be unsaddled as soon as possible, and for the jockey to tell me and the trainer his thoughts first. The television can always interview them afterwards. The other thing which really annoys me is someone trying to pull away an owner/trainre from being with the horse immediately after entering the winning enclosure 'to grab a word'. I would want to be with my horse and trainer and not talking to anyone else at that moment.

If you want that you can - as Robert Thornton has done. Clearly there are not that many owners up in arms about this as more jockeys would not be doing it. I would imagine, owners (like many others in racing) can see there are much greater challenges or problems to overcome in racing.

For the record I think they are pointless but won't be losing any sleep over them.

Well I will then.
I am sure there are bigger things to be up in arms over also, but we are not discussing them in this thread.
I thought Robert Thornton had made a unilateral decision to not be interviewed by anyone not at the behest of a trainer(s)/owner(s)?

There is no reason they cant do an interview after the jockey has spoken to the connections it is common courtesy they pay the bills,the questions from commentators are inane anyway.

WTF is a 'take out merchant'? I thought they were usually paid 'removal men' for the Mafia... and those are offensive remarks, littlelad. If you have a point, perhaps you can manage to express it without being unpleasant.

Back