Independence Day

Lies lies and more lies to look forward to. Then four or five years of blaming the last lot and asking for another go, followed by four or five years of still being useless, followed by the other lot getting in again with four years to blame the last lot.

Bunch of useless tossers. I wouldn’t trust them to look after my goldfish . In fact, I could have just stopped at “I wouldn’t trust them”

Opportunistic on the back of a fall in inflation,no doubt to be followed by a cut in bank rate before July 4th. by the 'independent' arbiters.:rolleyes:

Tbh every PM in history has called elections at a time best suited to their prospects, so each and every one could be labelled "opportunistic."

But for Rishi Sunak it's surely a case of the least awful time to do it.

At least he has made an attempt to make a decisive choice while he still has time to make a choice.

Lose heavily if the polls and local elections are borne out, lose less heavily if he can have a better Election campaign than Keir Starmer and Labour OR - and few have considered this - lose by an even worse margin than the polls say and suffer an unprecedented wipe out, leaving the Conservatives with fewer than 100 seats....these seem to be the three possible outcomes to me.

Back