Inter-Forum Royal Ascot Competition - Thursday's Selections

SteveM

At the Start
No time to post in the morning. So I'll kick off Day 3 now.

Thursday

2.30 Norfolk Stakes

Dinkum Diamond £100 win

3.05 Ribblesdale Stakes

Hibaayeb £200 win

3.50 Gold Cup

Ask £300 each-way

Manifest £100 win

Reserve: In the event of a non-runner transfer stakes to Fencing Master, if Fencing Master is a non-runner then to Principal Role. (If my non-running selection is staked each-way then funds each-way on substitute.)

I'm dumping the bits and bobs and going for a straight £1000 on HIBAAYEB. If she comes 5th, I'm having myself shot.

You might be - after the last two days I'll be being put into retirement Bar :(

14:30 Excel Bolt 200win
15:50 Ask 300win
16:25 Layline 100ew
17:35 Dandino 300win

If needed today my selectionas are:

2.30 Excel Bolt €300 win
3.05 Gertrude Bell €200 win
3.50 Manifest €300 win
5.00 Rectifier €100 ew

2.30 Dinkum Diamond 250 win
3.50 Manifest 250 win
5.00 Mont Agel 150 ew
5.35 Tactican 200 win

Not naming your teams doesn't exactly make it easy for me.

I'm going to take your teams as being the ones you named yesterday, anyone missing will be replaced by the first other person to post in order.

Lives to go and have a lie-down in a darkened room... ! :blink: Lovely ride by Frankie, I thought - nice and quiet, out of the way of the over-racers and the nutjobs, saucy slingshot off the turn and steadily up the straight.

I'm not a great Frankie fan. Was in the beginning .... I think virgins & housewives like him most. :lol: However he does ride Ascot very well when he is in the mood and not on a horse who has been messed up. She is a lovly looking filly, very classy.

Last edited:
Frankie had nothing to do with that win (I'm a fan); the horse had around 6 lengths in hand and all you had to do was not fall off.

I just find it odd that you mention a jockey whose horse had probably 6 lengths on a strung out field so there wasnt even the possiblity of traffic problems! There are plenty of opportunities to praise Dettori around Ascot but you could almost have put Atjebi up there and he'd have won just as easily.

I'm so sorry. Do forgive me. Why don't you tell me when I'm allowed to make a simple remark on here, and when I'm not? The horse didn't have 6l on anything at the time he manoeuvred her out and presented her with a nice clear run up the straight. She had plenty in hand in the finish, but by then anyone could say it was easy as pie. Jeez, Hamm, get a bit of perspective on things. It's just a bit of praise for a nice ride on a good horse, okay? I don't think it's going to bring about world peace.

Grow up. I debated your point - what is wrong with that?

I, and others I would imagine, are tiring of you attitude when this happens lately - next thing I know I will be called a twerp as well for disagreeing with you.

You're boring me. You argued a simple remark about Frankie's ride and now you want to try and drag "others" in to back you up? Pathetic. As for my "attitude" - your own was very aggressive towards me from the start, so nothing negative you say to or about me ever comes as a surprise. But I figure so what? And if you're trying to get Luke onside (how feeble is that?), I felt the man was able to cope with a briefly heated exchange. If he isn't, he's very welcome to have the Mods show me a yellow card.

Jaysus, calm down Hamm, if I'd backed her like you I wouldn't be getting wound up by a bit of praise for the jockey having the good sense to not do anything fancy.

Back