Interesting piece of handicapping at Hereford

Can't believe it Rory. It appears as though the horse wasn't given a mark after his third run, but after his fourth it was decided that he is one of the worst jump horses is training. I'd have been interested in him off top-weight, never mind bottom!

Can't believe it Rory. It appears as though the horse wasn't given a mark after his third run, but after his fourth it was decided that he is one of the worst jump horses is training. I'd have been interested in him off top-weight, never mind bottom!
Don't nick connections' price though, will you?

Chestnut Ben ran off a mark of 69 when I was at Lingfield last month.
Problem is he was running from 31 lb out of the handicap meaning his official mark was 38.
38 is low enough on the flat,but over jumps!!
Makes Ringsend Rose look good.

Back to the Hereford race I see there's an Alan Jones horse in the race with form figures almost identical to what Hiddensee had,and we all know what happened when they let the handbrake off with that one!!

Hiddensee prior to win form figures:- 8/9P0P/PP-P
Tapimix form figures:- 0P0PP/P8P-P

It will probably be put in short enough in the morning markets. Nothing worse than backing a non-trier in the mornings and than see it drift at the show.

Tifernati in the 2:10 at Hereford, for anyone still wondering. Just beaten 223 lengths in his three completed starts; pulled up last time. Comments in running always seem to mention "in rear"...

3/1 not enough to temp them in? I suppose had they sneezed at it he would have been 15/8 before too long.

I remember a horse being punted from 12/1 into 3/1 in the morning. It was a non-runner as soon as connections realised "their" price was gone...

Something similar happened to Contradiktive last week at Wolves. Well bred horse rated 45 on first start for Tim Vaughan that had been withdrawn the previus day was punted from 10's to 9/4 until getting pulled out.

My favourite is when Jim Best declares two at the overnight stage of a race because you can almost guarantee he'll pull one of them out.
Not that I'm suggesting that anything dodgy is going on of course!

Slightly off topic but what would other forum members give the most respect too in terms of gambles? I always thought the Charles Byrnes - no one knows before I do - plunge before the off were best. Telling no one or getting people to keep their powder dry is near impossible.

My favourite is when Jim Best declares two at the overnight stage of a race because you can almost guarantee he'll pull one of them out.
Not that I'm suggesting that anything dodgy is going on of course!

As expected he's done it again in the seller today at Plumpton,it was just a case of trying to second guess which one of his two would be a NR.

Some interesting stuff in the 18:10 at Dundalk last night - beaten 253 lengths in three previous starts, 12/1 into 4/1. Won.

Amazing how many psychic trianers there are

Back