International Classifications 2008

I think there has been such little discussion on this subject because by and large, there isn't a lot wrong with them. Manduro's Prince of Wales run has to be rated the highest all year. Agree that Myboycharlie looks a little high at 122 (he's 118 Timeform) and he seems to be rated more on what Natagora achieved in the Chevely Park rather than on what he achieved himself in the Morny.

Also fully agree that Septimus should be Champion Stayer, I don't know whether Yeats retained all his ability in 2007 that he did in 2006 but his form certainly couldn't be rated as high.

Also thought Cockney Rebel should have been champion 3-y-o miler among the colts.

Originally posted by davidjohnson@Jan 20 2008, 08:55 PM

Also thought Cockney Rebel should have been champion 3-y-o miler among the colts.
Agreed. I thought Excellent Art was a way below average classic winner and was lucky to be competitive because it was such a poor year for milers.

Timeform have Authorized on 133, a big difference from his IC mark:

Manduro - 135
Authorized - 133
Dylan Thomas - 132
Invasor - 132
Sacred Kingdom - 131
Curlin - 131
Soldier of Fortune - 131

Darjina - 128
Miss Andretti - 127
Peeping Fawn - 126
Finsceal Beo - 123
Indian Ink - 122
Mandesha - 122

New Approach - 127
Fast Company - 126
Ravens Pass - 125p
Kingsgate Native - 122
Rio De La Plata - 120+
Ibn Kaldoun - 119+

Listen - 117p
Zarkava - 117p
Nahoodh - 116p
Proviso - 116p
Natagora - 116
Fleeting Spirit - 115

Manduro - 135
too high

Authorized - 133
too high

Dylan Thomas - 132
bout right

Invasor - 132
bout right

Sacred Kingdom - 131
bit high, but there again i could have him a bit low

Curlin - 131
bout right

Soldier of Fortune - 131
wouldn't argue over a pound

Overall, not a bad effort from the guys at Sleepy Hollow imo

Authorized is interesting. Initially i thought too high as well but he was most impressive in the Derby and although Eagle Mountain didn`t frank the form he had an awfully busy time of it early doors last season and was gone after Epsom for me. They had Galileo on 135 and i don`t think he`d have beaten Authorized by much.

Derby performance was over-rated imo, best run was Juddmonte beating well proven horses like DT, Notnowcato and Hattan

BTW, if Curlin is in same form as his prep on DWC night and is asked to stretch out, he'll post 135+ i reckon

Glad to see Darjina stays in training. The Moulin form is definitely out on it's own with regards to her overall form but it's hard to come up with any good reason why it flatters her. Hopefully she can show one way or the other in 2008 whether it's right or not.

Agree with Charlier regarding Curlin. He has the potential to put up a 135+ performance on World Cup night.

Not sure that Eagle Mountain didn't frank the Derby form subsequently. His close second in the Champion Stakes was on a par with what he achieved in the Derby imo and that form was anything but let down in Hong Kong by Doctor Dino and Creachodoir.

Originally posted by davidjohnson@Mar 16 2008, 12:50 PM

Not sure that Eagle Mountain didn't frank the Derby form subsequently. His close second in the Champion Stakes was on a par with what he achieved in the Derby imo and that form was anything but let down in Hong Kong by Doctor Dino and Creachodoir.
Agree and i'm looking forward to seeing Creachadoir again - cracking horse imo

Back