Ireland: Big Midweek Meeting

Irish Stamp

Forum Moderator
Looking at cheap Ryanair flights - day returns from London to Dublin for £20 so a quick question.

Any ideas of a big midweek jumps meeting in the Dublin area (doable in a day) - Leopardstown, Punchestown (?) etc?

Thanks all - was looking at mid-Jan time I think just somewhere which is easy to get to and worth spending £20+ expenses on :)

Thyestes day at Gowran perhaps, Martin? January 21 this year according to the schedule. Decent racing at one of Ireland's nicest tracks with the added bonus of a good atmosphere (nothing worse than flying over for a soul-wrenching midweek slog at Fairyhouse or Punchestown).

Would recommend Gowran. Always a cracking good card. Not sure about getting there from the capital.

If you took a couple of days off you would get the Thyestes, Navan and the Irish Champion Hurdle at Leopardstown.

Great idea but Im guessing Martin is too miserable to spend over a score. I suggest he gets a flight to Cork and get the train to Mallow and watch the racing over a few bottles of cider. I ll even set him up with my girlfriends sister.

Back