Casual Conquest
Cima De Triomphe
Famous Name
Lush Lashes
Moiqen
Red Rock Canyon
Tartan Bearer
Thewayyouare

Gold Cup will be it's usual 5 runner slog then.

1000 doesn't look bad, I'm a big fan of Super Sleuth and she should go well. Chintz would be interesting if she bounced back from her horrible effort first time out.

Cuis Ghaire must be a massive lay on the likely going.

Really interesting horse is Love Bird. Should relish conditions and is bred in the purple.

I`d take a fully primed Lush Lashes to beat Tarten Bearer. And not just because of my new group:thumbsup:

Lush Lashes on testing ground? No thanks.....Tartan Bearer looks a good thing. 9/4 is huge.

Blue Square 9-4 Tartan Bearer, 3-1 Lush Lashes, 7-2 Casual Conquest, 9-2 Famous Name, 7-1 Thewayyouare, 8-1 Cima De Triomphe, 10-1 Campanologist, 20-1 Moiqen, Red Rock Canyon, 33-1 Beach Bunny.

Has Tartan Bearer ever run on it though?

Perhaps it will suit Casual Conquest?

Last edited:
Peter Reynolds suggests that Tartan Bearer is far from a certain runner on heavy ground. The same might apply to Cima De Triomphe (Cumani had earlier said that he would go if the ground was fast, while Curtain Call would run if it was soft. The latter obviously changed last weekend).

What would that leave as the likely winner? Mr Mordin seemed to think that Thewayyouare did well last time for a comeback run and he might be big enough at 7s with doubts over some of the others.

Ok I dont think Heavy ground would suit but he should be able to handle some cut (I think he would appreciate it) and has the right attitude to go through it.

The Ballydoyle horse is the unknown quantity given how they are improving. He does have form in testing ground as well.

Thewayyouare won his Group 1 at 2 on testing ground. His sister went through it pretty well too.

I think he's the horse to beat now. I'd be happy with 3/1 on the proviso Lush Lashes won't run on that ground.

Back to the 1000 Guineas. Cashmans have Heart Shaped, Nashmiah and Totally Devoted as doubtful runners. Murtagh presumably on Again although there's plenty to like about some of Wachman's longer priced runners.

I backed Love Bird yesterday, horse has loads of improvement to make but I was just really taken with her the last time.

Open to loads of improvement and should have no problems with the ground. Jockey bookings would be interesting.

Tatts Gold Cup

Casual Conquest
Famous Name
Moiqen
Thewayyouare
Lush Lashes

1000 Guineas

Again
Always Be True
Beauthea
Chintz
Cuis Ghaire
Dance Pass
Duaisbhanna
Hallie's Comet
Lahaleeb
Love Bird
Luminous Eyes
Monivea
Oh Goodness Me
Rare Ransom
Super Sleuth
Totally Devoted

Last edited:
Heffernan rides Love Bird....you know when you just get a gut feeling for a horse in a race. Have that for this one.

Poor Tattersalls Gold Cup, hard to believe there was not a horse in the UK or France to come over.

It always is weak to be fair, it has the same trouble as the Lockinge in that it sits in a very awkward position in the race calendar.

I was thinking lately that the Lockinge and Tattersalls Gold Cup should both be downgraded; in this respect, I find it hard to believe the Jersey stakes is still a group 3.

Some decent animals have won both. If we`re talking downgrading, the sprints are the first contests we should be looking at.

Back