Irish Apprentice Title

Cantoris

At the Start
Interviewed after his win on Robin Hood. If you closed your eyes you'd easily mistake the voice for Aidan. However, Aidan will not be pleased that he never once mentioned Robin Hood's "natural speed" :lol:

Cheers. Mixed opinion but he's young enough to develop and in the right place.

Well if he can't make it, nobody can. No-one would have been given the opportunities he's been given. Certainly not the Jim Bolger way!!

I think his future is as assistant trainer to his father-weight will get thel
better of him eventually.I think this is the reason his career has been fasttracked.

I think his future is as assistant trainer to his father-weight will get thel
better of him eventually.I think this is the reason his career has been fasttracked.

I'm looking forward to the day Aidan returns to his roots and trains a stable of 50-70 NH horses. Can you imagine him having the fav for the Cheltenham bumper and Supreme!!

He's an appalling rider who is only riding in Group Ones because of his father. It might be negative, but I can't see why he's been put up on these animals. There are lads who try all their lives to get to where he's got and they would have considerable more talent.

For an apprentice he has done well.Tonight at Galway he outfoxed most of the top Irish jockeys.Like his father before him I am sure he will put his riding experience to good use.

He has clearly got opportunities that most would never get - but equally he is clearly a very handy rider who as Luke says rides particularly well from the front. Gamla's opinion of him seems pretty baseless.

He has ridden 10 winners this season - 3 for his Dad.

Didn't have a bet and Robin hood would have won anyway but the blatant team tactics was very annoying for me. Heffernan very obviously steared his mount over pushing Welds out wide. Fxxk Sake..cheating in a 7f maiden race at Galway. These fella's represent arguably the biggest breeding establishment in the World and they behave like there at a pony meet.

Gala makes a fair point, they are constantly at it from Group 1 to Galway maiden for the young fella. As an aside if I were Seamie Heffernan I would be packing my bags because he cant possibly get any lower in the pecking order.

Heffernan commited slander and career suicide (Within Ballydoyle/Coolmore) when he moaned about Derby tactics last year.... Rule no.1 seems to be never say a bad word about the management.

Notwithstanding that I actually think O'Brien is half decent if a little untidy. He certainly has a racing brain and is a decent judge of pace.

I don't agree that Joseph is talentless, and although it may be annoying to some that he gets good rides, I don't see how you could expect anything else? If you were a top class training couple who adored their children and one of them wanted to try his hand at being a jockey you would help would you not?

Children born with silver spoons in their mouths may not deserve the chances that they get but a lot of the hard working parents deserve the opportunity to do as they wish with their offspring.

I don't suppose Heffernan is a serious career man, has a good job, gets to ride nice horses and is he not married to one of the clan? So, decent lifestyle.

Didn't have a bet and Robin hood would have won anyway but the blatant team tactics was very annoying for me. Heffernan very obviously steared his mount over pushing Welds out wide. Fxxk Sake..cheating in a 7f maiden race at Galway. These fella's represent arguably the biggest breeding establishment in the World and they behave like there at a pony meet.

Sheikh I have just watched the race again and the only time they come into contact at all or are side by side is in the straight. The Weld horse missed the break and was sitting behind Heffernan most of the way. Like Cantoris said - Alexander Pope did not go unbacked. Blatent team tactics? Come on..

I don't agree that Joseph is talentless, and although it may be annoying to some that he gets good rides, I don't see how you could expect anything else? If you were a top class training couple who adored their children and one of them wanted to try his hand at being a jockey you would help would you not?

Children born with silver spoons in their mouths may not deserve the chances that they get but a lot of the hard working parents deserve the opportunity to do as they wish with their offspring.

I don't suppose Heffernan is a serious career man, has a good job, gets to ride nice horses and is he not married to one of the clan? So, decent lifestyle.

I don't have a strong opinion either way on Joseph OB but I would say it should not be up to the trainer to support him - it is up to the trainer to put the best, or most suitable jockeys up.

The owners are probably as keen to nurture a potential future replacement to AOB or even another trainer they can trust to work alongside. The odds are it wont work out, but giving him a feel of highish level race riding isn't going to cost much at this stage. He's not that bad a jockey, just about worth his claim. A similar standard to Ajtebi, who is much harder to explain.

I am sure a lot of other 17 year old apprentices called be cited as untidy - many professional jockeys similarly. Even if he has been riding since before he could say July cup, I am sure he is still learning, like a lot of others his age. His father doesn't have a 100% strike rate so doesn't get it right every time either, doesn't make him talentless.

Back