Irish oaks

Miesque

At the Start
11 left in, 6 of AO'Bs. 2 supplemented - colliding worlds and great heavens.

Was
Betterbetterbetter
Demurely
Wonderful
Twirl
Devotion
Livia Galilei
Princess Highway
Shiricco Star

Really hope Great Heavans and Princess Highway fight out the finish.. sick of this O'Brien "throw the kitchen sink" at every classic. Not doing the game any favours

They did the game a favour running Camelot at The Curragh.

Did they?

See a champion slog through desperate ground just to support the Irish Derby? Surely would have been better for "the game" for him to have lined up in the Eclipse?

Best Prices below but only 4 firms up:

Princess Highway 9/4
Great Heavens 5/2
Was 3/1
Shirocco Star 7/1
20/1 Bar

Did they?

See a champion slog through desperate ground just to support the Irish Derby?

Yes.

Surely would have been better for "the game" for him to have lined up in the Eclipse?

Why? The horse is trained in Ireland. Ignoring the most prestigious race in the country to chase an important but by no means unique pot elsewhere would have been a huge snub to the industry in Ireland. That they did so despite the ground conditions only emphasises the fact.

Did they?

See a champion slog through desperate ground just to support the Irish Derby? Surely would have been better for "the game" for him to have lined up in the Eclipse?

Just to support the premier raceday in the country where they are based.I can recall toys being thrown out of the pram over Frankel and Celtic Swing swerving Epsom.

He'd already won a Derby though. Celtic Swing had yet to prove himself as a 3yo and no one sane wanted Frankel at Epsom.

That's fair enough, but the suspicion remains with Camelot that we have a special horse here who's career will be spoiled by going for a yawnsome race at Doncaster in September rather than hunting Frankel down.

So anyway....... I'm really looking forward to this and reckon its one of the best 3yo races this season. I was all over Princess Highway until Great Heavens ran in the Lancashire oaks and was supplemented. I'm struggling to split the pair now.

So anyway....... I'm really looking forward to this and reckon its one of the best 3yo races this season. I was all over Princess Highway until Great Heavens ran in the Lancashire oaks and was supplemented. I'm struggling to split the pair now.

Really like the 3yo fillies this year too. Shame Kissed couldn't stay sound and The Fugue is presumably on a break, but when you consider that the two favs didn't even run at Epsom (but the winner there does) it shows the strength in depth of the divison in stark contrast to the colts.

Did they?

If they're going for the St Leger the mile-and-a-half option at the Curragh looked a lot more sensible though.

That's fair enough, but the suspicion remains with Camelot that we have a special horse here who's career will be spoiled by going for a yawnsome race at Doncaster in September rather than hunting Frankel down.

What's to stop him taking on Frankel in the Champion Stakes after Donny.

Persistent rain has led to officials scheduling a 7am Friday inspection at the Curragh before it begins Oaks weekend.

Back