Irish Racehorse Welfare Trust

Cantoris

At the Start
The IHWT annual auction is now open (http://auction.ihwt.ie/auctionsplit.asp?section=visit). There are a number of interesting lots. Stable visits include (with current bids):

Aidan O'Brien *4 people (750) (On The Bridle, Grey)
Nickey Henderson * 4 (375) (Cantoris)
Sir Michael stoute * 2 (375)
Jessica Harrington (180) (On The Bridle, Cantoris, Grey)
Eddie O'Grady * 4 (160)
Michael Grassick * 4 (140) (Grey)
Paul Nolan * 4 (160) (Cantoris, Grey, Winning Ways syndicate member)
Enda Bolger * 4 (140) (Cantoris)
Irish National Stud * 4 (140) (On The Bridle, Cantoris, Grey)

plus Sea The Stars * 2 (180) (Cantoris)

Auction closes on 6 Dec.

If anyone is interested in joining me in bidding for these, let me know. Some can be quite expensive to bid on if it's just yourself, but if a few come together then it is affordable and supporting a good cause.

Last edited:
I'd join in on the Aidan O'Brien, Jessie Harrington, Paul Nolan and Irish National Stud bids.

And I'd go see Michael Grassick too. I'm told Spoons will be helping with the breakfast.;)

Last edited:
I think the stable visits will go for 400/500 with AOB going for a grand. We might have to agree a pricing strategy next week when it becomes a little clearer.

I can't seem to edit the original post but Henderson up to €500 and Sea The Stars €200.

Harrington is now for 4 people

I have sent a PM to OTB and Grey with my thoughts on bidding strategy.

Still in pole position for Jessica Harrington (200) and Paul Nolan (180) but just outbid on Irish National Stud (160).

I think we could go in again for the Irish Nat Stud. O'Brien's is up around €900.

Last edited:
Back