• Start date Start date
S

SlimChance

4.15 Goodwood Betfair Place Market

At the off:

Garswood 1.9 to place (SP 7/2)
Huntsman 2.52 to place (SP 7/2)
Millers Wharf 2.52 to place (SP 6/1)

More a question of people calling his bluff...he either wins (not very often) or he sticks them up more arses than Ron Jeremy in his pomp

It was a really strange anomaly. A more cynical person than me who be asking serious questions.

4.15 Goodwood Betfair Place Market

At the off:

Garswood 1.9 to place (SP 7/2)
Huntsman 2.52 to place (SP 7/2)
Millers Wharf 2.52 to place (SP 6/1)

Maybe punters were slightly more astute and observant on what occurred prior to the race and what might happen during it than you appear to have been.

Welcome back Dante... :rolleyes:

Slim, drop me an email if you want a good Spencer story along these lines.

Have no problem with him, rode a cracking winner for Hyam the other day.

Hence his strike rate for Marble, when sitting on a horse with a chance ain't bad:)

All jockeys are annoying at the best of times, its a case of who is less annoying and gets beat by less Sh Hds.

Last edited:
Maybe punters were slightly more astute and observant on what occurred prior to the race and what might happen during it than you appear to have been.

I've no idea what occurred before the race but it was not reflected in the win market or in SP returned from the track.

This thread was very much on my mind as I watched Spencer totally fcuk up the race on Cardinal Walter today. Shocking stuff.

This thread was very much on my mind as I watched Spencer totally fcuk up the race on Cardinal Walter today. Shocking stuff.

I know my thread title is a bit 'Betfair forum' but some of the drifts on his horses are remarkable.

I don't think he was trying to lose the race today. I think he thought he was going to win regardles of how detached he was early on but he got it badly wrong.

Worth watching Cardinal Walter's two previous runs closely before castigating Spencer unduly. If there is a criticism, it's why he didn't pull out widest straight away instead of trying to go in between horses in the straight. The horse is well ahead of his mark but either a bit green/thick/ungenuine.

Have often criticised Spencer for being one-dimensional..........drop 'em out, come with a late run...........often goes wrong, but on Sunday Times at Doncaster today it all went to plan and it was a treat to watch.

Have often criticised Spencer for being one-dimensional..........drop 'em out, come with a late run...........often goes wrong, but on Sunday Times at Doncaster today it all went to plan and it was a treat to watch.
... only because Sentaril went too soon and Gamilati followed her. Had the former started her run a half-furlong later, Gamilati would have won and Spencer would have looked just as poor as he did on the Cumani filly in the previous race.

By way of balancing my comments, he did it very well on a good winner last week, but the horse's name escapes me.

Last edited:
... only because Sentaril went too soon and Gamilati followed her. Had the former started her run a half-furlong later, Gamilati would have won and Spencer would have looked just as poor as he did on the Cumani filly in the previous race.

By way of balancing my comments, he did it very well on a good winner last week, but the horse's name escapes me.

I would not question his riding ability but his interigity and motivation.

Surely poor Valencha would have gone very close had she not been murdered for the second week running . Cost her three or four lengths.

Last edited:
Back