Is Sir Bloody Bloody?

Well, it was bit of a daft example for a massive crooked coup, wasn't it?? What trip was he supposed to give them 3 runs in at 2??? A step up to 1m4f for a 3yo first time up having run 3 times at a mile at 2 is a natural progression, not bent. If you don't want patronising, don't post stupid things accusing people of cheating!

There is no possible way a cocker spaniel could beat a Waterloo Cup winner...... Well there is actually.. Only if the Waterloo Cup winner was dead!

Well, it was bit of a daft example for a massive crooked coup, wasn't it?? What trip was he supposed to give them 3 runs in at 2??? A step up to 1m4f for a 3yo first time up having run 3 times at a mile at 2 is a natural progression, not bent. If you don't want patronising, don't post stupid things accusing people of cheating!

I don't think it is cheating.

Ah, right. But you thought it was worth flagging up anyway as "classic Prescott".

its not classic Prescott..

classic Prescott is a horse bred to stay the wells fargo distance being run at 3 sprint distances as a 2yo to get a very low mark..then when the horse is 3yo its stepped up to 25 miles and starts about 5/4..everyone says..oooh he's a dodyg lad int he?..int it shrewd?..then they proceed to win at about 25% of the time and everyone thinks its a successful ploy.

i do like how he writes all his horses on little bits of card though..very quaint and old fashioned..and all eccentric like;)

I remember Harris Tweed when Prescott used to train that. Couldn't go the gallop in a 7f maiden at Wolverhampton, just needed time to come to himself, and flourished as a 3-y-o, winning that big handicap at Muss on Derby day. Clearly relishing the increased test of stamina. Worth pointing out though that the winning time of the Muss race saw him going an average speed of 12.59 seconds a furlong, whereas at Wolverhampton, the winner was covering an average of 12.86 seconds a furlong.

Back