It's Henderson time again

Mouth watering. I'm going if they both turn up.

Nicholls earmarked Sanctuaire for this recently as well. What a sight that would be seeing those three tearing round Sandown at full pelt:thumbsup:

This flat season has been the most boring and uninspiring in recent memory, can't wait for the proper racing to start:D

Last edited:
I reckon Sprinter will probably want further than 2miles in time, or at least could get further. He showed so much energy and speed last season, but wouldn't want to get too keen over 2miles against first rate opposition such as Sizing. They'll try and pick him off if he does.:)

Last edited:
Should be fun to look back this time next year or before and see how much garbage we can spout between now and Cheltenham:D Here's some crazy prediction or are they?

Sprinter Sacre: Will remain unbeaten over fences start at 1/8-1/10 for the QMCC and become the highest rated horse since the 60's and spark of a debate Arkle V Sprinter Sacre

Simonsig V Overturn will be Sprinter Sacre V Peddlers Cross round 2 with the McCain horse coming out on top this time. Simonsig will take his revenge at Cheltenham and win the Arkle.

Darlan Will win or be placed in the Betfair Hurdle in February but will not be in the first 4 in the Champion Hurdle

Long Run Will be beaten in both the King George and the Gold Cup.

Finian's Rainbow will win the King George and the Ryanair

Riverside Theatre Will be aimed at the Gold Cup but won't get the trip and will have a poor season

Bob's Worth will be the only English trained horse to be placed in the Gold Cup.

Grandouet will be undefeated this season, be fav by the New Year and will win the Champion Hurdle.

Oscar Whisky Will stay hurdling but bypass Cheltenham and win the Aintree Hurdle for the 3rd time

Captain Conan will be a huge disappointment and will not make Cheltenham

Sprinter Sacre was 9/2 Granger PP then offered 14/1 the double to remain unbeaten SS and BB's then the went 10's then they went 8's. The likely cumulative odds if they both ran 5 times is around 20/1

Should be fun to look back this time next year or before and see how much garbage we can spout between now and Cheltenham:D Here's some crazy prediction or are they?

Sprinter Sacre: Will remain unbeaten over fences start at 1/8-1/10 for the QMCC and become the highest rated horse since the 60's and spark of a debate Arkle V Sprinter Sacre

Simonsig V Overturn will be Sprinter Sacre V Peddlers Cross round 2 with the McCain horse coming out on top this time. Simonsig will take his revenge at Cheltenham and win the Arkle.

Darlan Will win or be placed in the Betfair Hurdle in February but will not be in the first 4 in the Champion Hurdle

Long Run Will be beaten in both the King George and the Gold Cup.

Finian's Rainbow will win the King George and the Ryanair

Riverside Theatre Will be aimed at the Gold Cup but won't get the trip and will have a poor season

Bob's Worth will be the only English trained horse to be placed in the Gold Cup.

Grandouet will be undefeated this season, be fav by the New Year and will win the Champion Hurdle.

Oscar Whisky Will stay hurdling but bypass Cheltenham and win the Aintree Hurdle for the 3rd time

Captain Conan will be a huge disappointment and will not make Cheltenham

Great post....I really don't get the McCain thing at all. I know he's new and up and coming but he's really not that good :ninja:

Thanks.......In comparison to the late and loveable Ginger he's done exceptionally well in a relatively short time.

2008 the yard won about 300,000 pound in prize money which they boosted to 1 million in 2010/11 and 12 which puts him up there with the best.

I personally think he's one of the best around but the proof will be in the pudding over the next 2 seasons when he has to maintain that level.

To get there in the first place he must have a good eye for a horse which is 70% of the battle.......I hope he continues to be successful but it's hard old game to be training winners year in year out and bringing in the right stock to enable you to compete against the Hendersons and PN's of the game.....time will tell

Back