Jump Horses Of The Decade - RPR

Top fishing. Kicking Kings Durkan and King George performance would be behind only a handful from the decade.

I always though KK was superior to WOA but they never did meet at their peak, did they?

I think War Of Attrition was pretty average relatively speaking....Kicking King was much the best imo. His form as a novice with Well Chief was top class.

Half agree. VPU has always been overrated, in my opinion. MDB, if you take literal readings of the form, is probably worth his mark. He's racing against the best in a generation. Half a dozen years ago he'd have been a champion.

They had to put VPU on the list if they have MM at no. 1 (despite the fact that he shouldn't be). MDB is there because he beat a great sick horse.

VPU should certainly make the cut, but is rated too highly I'd agree.

Moscow should be top

End of

Top in the absence of Kauto Star and Denman perhaps.

A likely four KG wins and two Gold Cups for Kauto and a Gold Cup and two Hennessy Gold Cups off top weight for Denman, trump everything else on the table. Baracouda is the one that should be up there trading punches with Moscow Flyer and Master Minded on behalf of the hurdlers. And the fact that Istabraq doesn’t make the cut is shameful.

Which of Istabraq's post 1999 performances should be on the last? The Champin Hurdle where he beat Ashley Park by four and a half lengths. Istabraq's 2000+ form wasn't close to his pre-millennium form and that's why he's not on the list and rightly so.

BBC2 mentioned today that handicapper *insert name* is going to try evaluate Arkle and Kauto Stars performance.

Back