Jumps/Flat betting ratio

I think the "Today's Fancy" thread is interesting in how it shows the work some on the forum put into so many races. The likes of EC1, Gamla, Gearoid etc having winners all over the place - at meetings that I can honestly say I hardly even knew they were taking place.

Slightly off the topic of the thread but I follow racing and then bet on it on occasions - get the impression some might go from it at the other angle?

Slightly off the topic of the thread but I follow racing and then bet on it on occasions - get the impression some might go from it at the other angle?

That would sum me up. Would I watch as much racing if I did not bet? Probably not but I still think I have a good appreciation for it.

How many bets do you think you have in a year Gal? If that isn't too much of a personal question.

Jesus I would not have a clue - let me have a think and try and give rough figure later on.

What I rarely do is have a bet in a race just to have an interest - the only time I really do that is if I am actually at the racecourse. If I have the interest or strong opinion on it - then the bet follows.

But I would never open up Wolverhampton etc and set out looking for a bet in it. Admire those that are able to do that.

Back