• Start date Start date
S

SlimChance

1/4 Big Bucks
3/1 Kauto Star
8/1 Sprinter Sacre
16/1 Synchronised
33/1 Finians Rainbow

This is voted for by the public. Is Kauto Star not a certainty?

1/4 Big Bucks
3/1 Kauto Star
8/1 Sprinter Sacre
16/1 Synchronised
33/1 Finians Rainbow

This is voted for by the public. Is Kauto Star not a certainty?

For me it's sprinter sacre, it's a long time since I was exited about seeing a horse run again.

Done

sprintersacreark.jpg

Has to be the Beautiful Monster. Kauto has had his time in the limelight. Sprinter is the future and is more exciting than anything ive seen in the past 5 years. I imagine C&H will choose Big Bucks as horse of the year, but i think the racing public are a bit bored of him now.

Have to say I voted for BB - Kauto would have been a close 2nd with Syncronised 3rd. SS is good but they are also asking for the vote to be for a horse who has raised the profile of racing and BBs win at Aintree even made the regular news not just the sports bit. And if Syncronised wins then its more fuel to the fire about banning the National based on what might have been next year.

I'm split between Sprinter and Kauto. Has to be Kauto really though. What he did in the Betfair and King George was truly remarkable for a horse of his age given what had happened the previous season.

I've got a sneaking suspicion Sprinter Sacre might win this award in future...

BB a horse at his peak who has done nothing this year that he hasn't any other compared to a 12 year old beating the reigning GC winner x2 and a record equalling KG after deafening calls for his retirement last season

Use your head people

Sprinter Sacre, no contest. One of the best novices I've seen. Impossibly brilliant.

Last edited:
Kauto for me; to win a fifth KG at the age of 11 (which also made the national news) is something else, and much as I defend BB's achievements against the "boring" accusations, there's no denying Kauto has consistently beaten a better calibre of horses to win his 5 KGs than BB has to win his 17 races.

Sprinter Sacre will have plenty of time to win this; Synchronised will pull in plenty of sympathy votes but shouldn't win it strictly on merit, and agree that having Finian's Rainbow in the list over Hunt Ball is a travesty.

Back