Katchit Returns

Guest_

At the Start
Returns to Kempton today. Trainer has reported him to be in great form and a better horse this season than last. Surprised me last season, did not think he was good enough to win a Champion Hurdle. Interesting to see how he progresses this season.

Isn't it a bit premature to be writing him off after just the one run in October? Especially as he suffered two reversals in December last year prior to winning at Cheltenham.

Of course it is. There are some interesting new contenders around and it may be hard for him to hold his crown, but is any course in the country less like Cheltenham than Kempton? Every chance that Snap Tie improved substanially for being on a flat right handed rather than Cheltenham

Writing him off is mostly in jest from last years fun.He is a super little horse but I dont think he will be champion hurdler again come March. Yesterdays performance has no influence on my thoughts

I think Katchit will struggle around this season but will run a 'big' race come March without beind quite good enough. Afterwards everyone will say what a brave little horse he is!!

I agree with numbersix don't write off Katchit after one race he love's it round Cheltenham, I think he could win the Champion hurdle again he was only 5 when won last year. He could be another Istabraq

Beaten again today under unfavourable conditions. Trainer said after the race that the horse has no chance at the weights...then why subject a horse (who has plenty of miles on the clock already) to a hard race like that when there are more suitable targets coming up soon?

Maybe he was having trouble getting him fully fit at home? I might have misheard but I think Nick Luck said King was delighted to have gotten another run into him.

I hate to see horses run like that -he looked paceless.I confidently predict he wont win a race this side of the festival.

I have always liked Chomba Womba -she could make her mark this season.I have followed her closely since her bumper days and always felt she raced lazily-she did it nicely today.

Was at the yard the last weekend - we were told his pre-Xmas target is the big hurdle the first weekend in December - can't remember the name of it ...

Flame used to ride him at Channon's - isn't it the case he doesn't do a tap at home? - so needs to be got fit on course. My understanding is that this was a prep race for his target in early Dec, and after that no doubt he will have a little ease until he's primed for Cheltenham again

King is an Elite trainer and wanted to support the main race they sponsor. I think they are quite pleased with the run, he was never going to win giving that much weight away, being less than 15hh

Quiz ; :rolleyes:

Use your skill and judgement to work out which of the following statements is untrue, no conferring;

Katchit didnt do a tap under Flame at Channons because I used to ride Youmzain in work against it, meaning Flame, conceding 4 stone, had to watch my hairy arse beating him 25 lengths. After that we would school the two year olds round the local point to point course.

Katchit is most certainly not under 15hh

Elite does not sponsor the hurdle at Wincanton, it is the Elite Hurdle sponsored by the Tote or totesport if you prefer. Elite being a word in its own right.

:eek: I knew this post would get you back out again!

You are right, Katchit must be at least 15.2. And the race is indeed an 'elite' one.

Not sure about the rest of your post though ..... :D have to take your word for it all.

Fitness levels might well have been improved for the run, but he was off the bridle so early and being shoved alot for so long that it might not be good for the horses racing appetite in the future.

Back