Kauto and the King George

Does anyone know if Imperial Commander is being targeted at the King George? Obviously never gave himself a chance last year with his early mistakes, but would surely be worth another go (as would Kauto in the Gold Cup ;))?

Poor old BJK - he plainly went wrong sometime between the Relkeel and the Cleeve and we never got to see his true potential fulfilled . The fact it took till he was retired for his wind problem to be admitted was a pretty poor show I thought.

Poor old BJK - he plainly went wrong sometime between the Relkeel and the Cleeve and we never got to see his true potential fulfilled . The fact it took till he was retired for his wind problem to be admitted was a pretty poor show I thought.

...brimming with ability, but withered in the bud.

...brimming with ability, but withered in the bud.

He's not exactly short of contempraries there, SteveM.

Similiar could be said of My Way De Solzen, and his record - despite achieving a great deal more in his career than BJK ever did - does not inspire the same kind of apparent misty-eyed reverie as does O'Neill's charge.

It's a funny old world.

He's not exactly short of contempraries there, SteveM.

Similiar could be said of My Way De Solzen, and his record - despite achieving a great deal more in his career than BJK ever did - does not inspire the same kind of apparent misty-eyed reverie as does O'Neill's charge.

It's a funny old world.

...I don't know about that. I'd say My Way De Solzen is very highly regarded.

...I don't know about that. I'd say My Way De Solzen is very highly regarded.

Maybe so Steve, but MWDS's reputation - if perhaps not his record - is somewhat tarnished by dint of his form falling off a cliff after his novice chase season. He's usually filed under "went sour", whereas BJK tends to be afforded a slightly less harsh assessment, despite going downhill at a similar rate to MWDS.

It's only because such high hopes were entertained for BJK, so people wanted to keep on believing that they had read him correctly and that he still cudda been a contender.

MWDS was always seen as a bit of a guzzler who overachieved, up to the end of his novice chasing season.

Back