Kauto Star Dessie equal ? dont make me laugh

I think its unfair to compare a horse that is still running to a legend. Kauto could in theory win a gold cup or two more then it's argument over; as far as achievements go.
However Desert Orchid was more than a racehorse...he lifted the spirit of nation at a particular time when we dared to dream, in the same way as phar lap or sea biscuit; so in a way the bare achievements of desert orchid are irrelevant anyway.

I certainly think that Kauto is a star easily compared with the legends, however there there are lots of things those legends could do that Kauto can't. They can all jump the last fence properly in their best race. Yes, maybe the last fence jump in the 2007 King George and The Commercial First were pretty good, but they're about the only ones.

Kauto Star is a star in his own right whose best is over right-handed sharp 3m and on good ground. He probably - or definitely - has more to come, although probably not like 06/07 season.

Last edited:
Kauto's record is fantastic, even taking into account a few blips last year when he was injured - he wasn't able to function properly for most of last season, and there are reasons for all his losing runs. Nevertheless he's been very consistent - rarely been out of the first two in his entire career, mainly in top level races.

Dessie and KS will both be remembered as great horses, but for very different reasons. He's more of a thinker than Dessie - I think he gets distracted by the crowd at the end of his races, which is why he tends to hit the last. On song, he is pure joy to watch - as was Dessie

lol I must admit that the hype around dessie was because of its good looks and that it could jump well, half the house wifes in britian had their cash on

Back