Kauto Star Injured - Out For Season

an capall

Senior Jockey
"Kauto Star Injured - Out for Season" is number 5 on my list of most dreaded headlines in the Racing Post this winter the others are;

4. Ruby breaks arm in crashing fall.
3. Foot & Mouth threatens Cheltenham
2. Severe snow storms expected to last through Christmas
1. HRI outlaws Bumpers.

What are yours?

It would have been more believable had it been 2 days after the TTF entries went in. Something major always seems to happen that week.

5: 'Carson to front BBC's Aintree National coverage'
4: 'Gleeson to be awarded for RTE work with own television show'
3: 'Nicanor joins Joe Crowley'
2: 'Nick Dundee v Looks Like Trouble debate to be serialised in new BBC drama'
1: 'Detroit City wins Champion Hurdle'

In times past, Ardross would have edited the title of this thread, AC!! After all, no-one really thought that when I posted about Rooster Booster's demise I'd have entitled it "much loved equine hero dies" did they? :D

"Youmzain gets go ahead for Royal SunAlliance"
"Youmzain wins Royal SunAlliance"
"Youmzain wins Brit Insurance"
"Youmzain wins Champion"
"Photographer suicide"

Ah yes, the new site. You should have seen the PM i recieved after post number 3.

Originally posted by an capall@Oct 8 2007, 02:30 PM
How are things going with my old nemesis Dom? Is the new site ticking over OK?
Well, we were honoured by the great man's presence on here for almost all of yesterday afternoon, so 'ticking over' is probably about right!

Much loved equine hero!!!! Oh that was undoubtedly his finest moment, absolutely priceless.

It was, although I'd have preferred if it hadn't been engineered to make it look like I actually opened a thread titled as such!

1 Nicky Campbell to front BBC racing
2 R Persaud to join him
3 Northern Racing take over Cheltenham
4 Problem with Sun makes Cheltenham abandon jumps and convert to the flat
5 Flat season to be extended by one more day
6 Another all weather course to open

It takes a lot, when I log on to here for the first time in a week and the first topic I click on is a National Hunt one!

Cheers An Capall.

You tease you...had me going.

My top 5 worst headlines....

1) Georidieland wins race at last (free money laying him at Ponty today)

2) Jamie Spencer regains jockeys' title (have backed Seb to win fortunes)

3) Pope denounces in-running betting

4) Facial hair banned at all racecourses

5) Derek Thompson voted "commentator of the year" ("and there's three in line jumping the last" - no Derek, the favourite is four lengths in front and going further clear)

Originally posted by Mounty@Oct 8 2007, 07:52 PM
Unfortunately that directly contradicts the one headline I would MOST like to see this season (or just any time really!):

John McCririck banned at all racecourses

Originally posted by trackside528+Oct 8 2007, 07:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (trackside528 @ Oct 8 2007, 07:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mounty@Oct 8 2007, 07:52 PM
Unfortunately that directly contradicts the one headline I would MOST like to see this season (or just any time really!):

John McCririck banned at all racecourses [/b][/quote]
Good point. Fetch my razor!

Maybe for Mounty's sake we could confine it to mutton chops banned at all racecourses.. those fellas always did strike me as a bit shady anyway.. :D

Originally posted by harry@Oct 8 2007, 06:57 PM
1 Nicky Campbell to front BBC racing
:laughing: Oh christ wouldn't that be a nightmare. "enough of the racing, lets talk about me"

how about;

"Winstanley knighted for services to bookmaking"

Back