Kerry Nash

Grasshopper

Senior Jockey
Expectation is high that I will continue my utterly appalling run in this race.

The one to swerve (because I've backed it) is Ronald Pump. Trip suits, and probably still somewhat unexposed over fences, after a handful of runs.

You have been warned.

HEWICK for me .I've backed it for the gold cup and if it's going to have a chance then it needs to beat these.but no horse has ever won a hcap in Ireland off 163.

Quality outing from Ronald Pump. I was basically pissing my laughing after 3 furlongs. I'll never learn.

Last edited:
The alcohol here in Spain is getting the better of me. I thought Kerry Nash might be some voluptuous trainer/jockey and when conflated with Ronald and Pump I realised I've over-indulged on the all-inclusive.

Hewick unlucky or not? either way a very good performance under top weight.

Totally agree Tan.no horse has won a hcap in Ireland off 163 and he nearly did.
Horse and rider ok and the dent in my wallet can be fixed.

Hate to say it but the jockey was to blame not the horse.

He definitely failed to have the horse on the right stride and took off 1/2 length too late.

Young rider heat of the moment but I would think Hanlon had a few choice words for him behind closed doors.

Yes, I saw that on Facebook today. Is it the race that poor Wicklow Brave came to grief in?

Slightly off topic but can anyone with a RP sub confirm the details of the new Irish NH triple header weekend. I'm guessing that it involves the John Durkan being brought forward a week from 2023.

Briefly
triple-header in Ireland
Last season's John Durkan Memorial Punchestown Chase was won by brilliant Ryanair Chase winner Allaho
Last season's John Durkan Memorial Punchestown Chase was won by brilliant Ryanair Chase winner Allaho
Patrick McCann (racingpost.com/photos)
1 of 1
By Mark Boylan
UPDATED 2:52PM, OCT 5 2022

A new Grade 1 weekend is set to be introduced at Punchestown in 2023 as the John Durkan Memorial Chase and Morgiana Hurdle are combined in an enhanced winter programme for some of Ireland's premier jump races.

Horse Racing Ireland's fixture list for next year has yet to be published, but the Racing Post understands there will be three consecutive high-class weekends of quality jumping action from November running into early December.

Some prominent meetings are set to be run earlier than usual in 2023, thus broadening the window between these key races and the high-class Christmas festivals at Leopardstown and Limerick.

Back