Kingsfort

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
G

Gearoid

Any idea when this beast will make it to the track this season. His form took was given a relativley decent boost today with Chabal winning at Sandown. Would have loved to have seen him take on SNA in the Guineas.

Injury rules Kingsfort out of 2,000 Guineas

By Howard Wright 9:07AM 24 MAR 2010

KINGSFORT, as short as 12-1 for the StanJames.com 2,000 Guineas at Newmarket on May 1, will miss the race.
Godolphin racing manager Simon Crisford revealed on Wednesday that the War Chant colt had sustained an ankle injury that would keep him off the track until at least mid-summer. “It’s not a career-threatening injury and Kingsfort will be back in the second half of the season," Crisford said.

:-(

Last edited:
This seems to happen to Godolphin year after year. Promising 2 yos get injury at the start of their 3 yo careers...Kingsfort, Rio De La Plata, Shawall to name a few....

Surely, more than a concidence.......................................

I cant believe it! I was told his legs were the trouble. Thought he was finished.

Well, the fetlock (or ankle if you're American) is part of the leg, and they said he'd be off until 'at least' midsummer, so nothing is wrong there.

Yes but he was not on their horses in training list and the word from Prendergast (who raced him as a 2yo) was he was gone. Im excited because this horse was potentially a serious Group 1 horse. I hope he hacks up today.

the odds would suggest not going to win as his ability would suggest

the bet must be a dutch on Yaa Wayl + harrison George at 7/1+8/1 ish each

Last edited:
I certainly would not blame anyone for taking him on today on the grounds of a long layoff but with everything else in his favour 5/2 is worth the risk.

its hard to say after that tbh...its hard to remember a horse that looks so good at 2..who then have most of teh season off..and then come back near the same level

Somehow managed to win a few quid today which wasn't bad considering anything I really fancied was beaten.wife and oldest child busy watching x factor and I am planning a place lay coupnin Snow Magic in the next.
What are the chances of an ad break at 830.

Back