Kingsfort

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
I saw he was entered along with 7 others during the week and only realised he was declared when he crossed the line. Sick.

I wouldn't oppose a Godolphin horse that clearly has the ability to win, in Meydan, even if they look a tad short in the market. They aren't nearly as reliable at underperforming.

To be honest, I'd love them to be far more successful, on a par with Coolmore. They bring a lot to racing. From the few people I know who have come in contact with them, they seem to be superb employers, and a very nice crew to deal with.

Sadly, it's hard to deny, they are shite with horses.

Last edited:
He's 5/2. Runs off 110. Should win if he steps up from his last race - not too much to fear, although not sure how strong the de Kock horse's form is.

Think the de Kock horse has a bit of Group form from South Africa.Would agree that he would have to step up but can't see this taking a lot of winning.

Last edited:
With Gowran off Hamm has sucked me in. Will he be rated higher than 110 at the end of year? It's a certainty. The 5/2 is gone but I've taken 9/4. He could potentially be a Queen Anne horse at Royal Ascot. A long way from todays race though.

I would guess at 116/117 (if I'm allowed two goes). What do you think? We can revisit at year end.

Thanks Barry. You're putting a lot of faith in the horses potential off 110. 9/4 is probably a tad short.

Thanks Barry. You're putting a lot of faith in the horses potential off 110. 9/4 is probably a tad short.

Do you mean me? I think if this was a 3yo handicap I may agree with you but the de Kock horse aside, it looks full of unexposed horses unlikely to be a handicap blot.

I guess my argument is similar to weight and James de Vassy last Saturday if that makes sense.

It's not a 5 star bet regardless.

I meant "you're" in a general sense. I text my Prendergast man when I got into work and he said the horse didn't like Dubai when he first went over. It was enough for me to swerve the 9/4. Disappointing that he could not win to be honest.

If he can't win today, I'd say he won't be winning many races this season. Godolphin horses are almost always ready to win fto, and don't fit into an improving pattern.

Back