Krizon in The Racing Post

Relkeel

At the Start
Has anyone else read Lee Mottershead's article on p3 on today's (Sunday's) Racing Post?

He lavishes praise on "Jon, the lovely lady in reception" [at Lingfield] who, he reports, called him a "frozen little sausage".

Kri, you're a credit to the forum!

Why don't we lobby for Krizon to have her own column? It would surely be more informative and entertaining than some of the tripe we are subjected to.

Errrr... I'm perfectly capable of writing complete rubbish, getting facts wrong, not remembering NIGHT NURSE's progenitors, working out a clear £50K p.a. profit based on dosage theory, or knowing the timing fractions set by CIGAR, so I don't think I'd qualify, dearest!

Way to go, Kri!!!!!

Although it would have been more accurate maybe if you'd said ' him and his frozen little sausage', no ? :whistle:

Outnumbered 2/1 Kri!

Even if you got your facts wrong, you would be so much more amusing about it than some of the stuffed shirts who swan around thinking they're God's gift to racing and comedic writing.

I'd even start buying the RP again. :D

Great to see Krizon get a mention. Is the authors style always as similar as David Ashforth, I dont normally take much notice.

The author's style is generally flowery, ridden with prose and vomit worthy. Oh, and completely over the top (and often clueless - on more than one occasion he's written about a "hock slipping off" a horse, oh dear). I hope that helps!!!

It does. The article was like Asforth without the humour. Ashforth oftens use the horse is owned by the Agha Khan but is not here today routine.

Last edited:
The author's style is generally flowery, ridden with prose and vomit worthy. Oh, and completely over the top (and often clueless - on more than one occasion he's written about a "hock slipping off" a horse, oh dear). I hope that helps!!!

Don't like his style in print or on the small screen but I did like the article he wrote last week where he mentioned his parents.

And do I see another little mention in todays paper from the clerk of the course in the My Week section?

Oh, my Gawd, what's going on? Had an e-mail from Richard Aldous, Clerk at Brighton, bemoaning my never calling him a sausage. Okay, you're all sweet little sausages, all of you!

(Richard's off to Great Yarmuff for this season, and Brighton will be handled by Ed Arkell, from Fontwell. Seems that Northern Racing likes to keep its Clerks moving around to learn how to handle different tracks. At least Ed will inherit beautifully-restored and maintained grass.)

Back