Kylie

Leon cried all the way through the series so that may have helped his cause! shrug:: Also, remember they were trying to drum up support from Scotland and from Wales and perhaps the people in Scotland supporting Leon just redialled 50 times each? I think Rhydian's downfall was when he said that he knew phoning in was expensive. He was quickly corrected that it wasn't that expensive. BBC may have decided they weren't happy with that comment and hence Leon won.

Thank God that Same Difference didn't win. They were one of the most cringeworthy acts I have ever seen on The X Factor. How they ended up in the final three is totally beyond me.

Quite a few reports on other forums that people trying to vote for Rhydian were met with an engaged tone, whereas the same didn't happen for Leon.......

I think Rhydian truly believed he was going to win. He could hardly contain his feelings later on when he did his best to congratulate Leon after he was announced the winner. What a transformation to both of them from their initial auditions. I have only watched the last few shows so haven't followed it all the way through but they did their "best bits" from the show last night and it's clearly been a real journey for them both, both physically and mentally.

my mate couldnt get through to vote for Rhydian and that has to be the worst winner I have seen of a singing contest.
He will be gone and forgotten I think.

I dont buy all this "rigging" thing....Simon Cowell would want the best performer to win in order to make him lots of money and to give the show (his brain child) some cred....he would want Rydian to win.

Whats more X Factor and all these shows have recently been forced to pay back millions for charging voters unfairly...the last thing they would dream of getting involved in would be trying to rig the programme to let the weaker of the singers win.

They'd have to be incredibly stupid to rig it given recent events.

That's not to say that they can't be incredibly stupid...

Originally posted by Galileo@Dec 16 2007, 01:29 PM
I dont buy all this "rigging" thing....Simon Cowell would want the best performer to win in order to make him lots of money and to give the show (his brain child) some cred....he would want Rydian to win.

Whats more X Factor and all these shows have recently been forced to pay back millions for charging voters unfairly...the last thing they would dream of getting involved in would be trying to rig the programme to let the weaker of the singers win.
Simon Cowell would want the one to win who would make himm most money, out of the final 2 I would have said Leon was that one.
Who would buy a record by Rydian? At least he will get sales from the Scottish and young girls for Leon.
No reports at all of engaged tones for Leon, plenty for Rydian.
Leon supporters had ages to vote, Rydian a few minutes max.

It doesn't have to be 'fixed' to be 'fixed. There are other ways of influencing results.

It doesn't have to be 'fixed' to be 'fixed. There are other ways of influencing results.

Indeed. Most obviously, the producers can see the votes coming in and know who's winning at any point during the evening.

The producers also decide on the exact moment when the voting is closed.

Originally posted by dvds2000@Dec 16 2007, 05:22 PM

No reports at all of engaged tones for Leon, plenty for Rydian.
Leon supporters had ages to vote, Rydian a few minutes max.

All the voting lines were open for over an hour. It is just the short time between the final song and lines closing that I think is in question.

Originally posted by Kathy@Dec 16 2007, 09:36 AM
I think Rhydian's downfall was when he said that he knew phoning in was expensive. He was quickly corrected that it wasn't that expensive. BBC may have decided they weren't happy with that comment and hence Leon won.

This is something called the X factory isn't it? Is it not an ITV show?

The effect of the Scottish last number redial is well documented in these kind of things and they've sustained their representatives long beyond their merit on numerous similar shows. They've even flung in the odd mischievous one before now too in other areas, which is perhaps more endearing, but ultimately utterly futile, as there was never any chance of Wembley Way being renamed after Jim Baxter.

Personally, I think it's a ll a bit desperate on their part if they've clearly been reduced to trying to achieve some kind of prowess through running up their phone bills, to allow English producers to increase their own personal fortunes, about competitions which frankly, none of us have the remotest interest in. There used to be something called the ninety minute patriot, it would appear now to have been replaced with the premimum number patriot. It's not defiant, its really pathetic, and tantamount to a token whimper

Scotland the brave :laughing:
More like Scotland the brainless

Frankly, I want my Pop Tarts to look like bottom-rung hookers. I fail to see how this is in any way a bad thing.

Originally posted by Warbler@Dec 17 2007, 10:02 AM
Scotland the brave :laughing:
More like Scotland the brainless
I have to agree with you, Warbler. I've never understood this misplaced patriotism. Mind you, I know plenty of non-Scots who still think The Proclaimers can sing. In my opinion, they are a national embarrassment.

Originally posted by Grand Armee+Dec 21 2007, 09:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grand Armee @ Dec 21 2007, 09:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-cricketfan@Dec 15 2007, 08:31 PM
Dom. Unless you want to fall out with me, don't knock Kylie. Ever.
Alice, do I sense that you are a life fan of Kylie? :P [/b][/quote]
Hey Alice. You know me. Big fan of all things Antipodean. :P

Back