Lazy Week

It's 'majority IS', not 'majority are'. :confused:

Oi, teachah, is this the standards what you is learning to the youth for today? Wo'evvah...

Well Done PDJ :lol:
Singspiel . You made a sweeping generalisation which dismissed an entire section of society in one paragraph . Now that would never pass as a thesis in any uni I know so why don't you write us a 3000 word dissertation on the subject in a logical , dialectic fashion . PDJ will mark your work

Things can only get better though, Phil! After all, you may have your first case soon defending me against the charge of Naziism... :brows:

Well said, Paul - couldn't have put it better myself. This anti-university attitude sounds strangely like sour grapes to me - poor little thing, weren't your results good enough to get in?

Even more entertaining is the fact that the alter-ego, Danoli, was bemoaning that many people can't even master the basics of the English language on another forum...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done Aidan, in finishing your exams - good luck with the results!

Yes, well done Aidan, and enjoy some relaxation while you can. I've been there I was so glad when it was all over.

Originally posted by BrianH@Jun 1 2005, 05:50 PM
Either you are one of the most stupid people on this or any other forum or you set out to upset as many people on as many forums as you can. At least if it's the former it can be cured.
I doubt it.

When I was at university there was a piece of graffiti on one of the toilet doors which read "The bells of hell go ting-a-ling-a-ling for you ya student bastard" posted by a fellow who went by the pseudonym 'The Jocund Mavis'. I happen to know that this fellow was himself a student so, it would seem that even students hate students.
icon_eek.gif

PS I was NOT the aforementioned Jocund one.

Originally posted by Honest Tom@Jun 3 2005, 08:02 AM
When I was at university there was a piece of graffiti on one of the toilet doors which read "The bells of hell go ting-a-ling-a-ling for you ya student bastard" posted by a fellow who went by the pseudonym 'The Jocund Mavis'. I happen to know that this fellow was himself a student so, it would seem that even students hate students.
icon_eek.gif

PS I was NOT the aforementioned Jocund one.
:lol:

Doing my finals still haunts me and is the only recurring nightmare I suffer from - especially at this time of year. For about a week 10 days ago I was waking up in the early hours with an acute panic attack - with the feeling I hadn't done any work and all my exams were about to start next morning.

And no, I didn't doss my Uni time away - I worked quite hard and got a good degree - goodness knows why I get this dream but I expect there's some 'expert' out there somewhere who would have a theory or two.....

I hated exams and still come out in a cold sweat thinking I would one day have to do another one. Luckily, after school I only did one college course via a day release from work, and passed those exams but then vowed NEVER to sit an exam again. The sleepless nights were just not worth it for me. I knew I was not the brightest button on some subjects and felt I had to try so much harder than everyone else. I even panicked when sitting a first aid course. :blink:

Just to make one thing clear. I am fully entitled to post my opinions, if you don't agree with them that fair enough. But i'm not going to change my views on things just to suck up to you or to make you feel better. Feel free to tell me views are wrong, but personal attacks are neither funny or clever.

As i said, i'm attacking the majority of students who just go to uni for a jolly. If Aiden has gone for geniune reasons then i'm not attacking him.

It is not much fun leaving owing £15,000 which I did. Many students now will owe more than that. If you think they go there solely for a laugh, you are very mistaken.

Back