Leopardstown Christmas Festival

What was the reason given for Rite Of Passage's withdrawal? Ground looked fairly holding, though I reckon that race was well below average.

Alaivan doesn't look in love with hurdling.Was throwing his head around from an early stage.
Amazed by Carlito Brigante -looked to have gone sour at the end of his flat career and was beaten a mile on his hurdling debut.

Alaivan doesn't look in love with hurdling.Was throwing his head around from an early stage.
Amazed by Carlito Brigante -looked to have gone sour at the end of his flat career and was beaten a mile on his hurdling debut.

I thought Alaivan jumped really well but they looked to kick on far too early (and he was very keen on top of that) and the winner came from right out the back. CB could be very good indeed but I would take the form of the race with a pinch of salt.

Dial A Bet Chase tomorrow (best prices) :

Tranquil Sea 2/1
Forpadytheplasterer 11/4
Golden Silver 7/2
Made In Taipan 10/1
Scotsirish 14/1
16/1 bar

Thought this looked a logical target for Dooneys Gate. Really liked the way he jumped over 2m last time and expect him to prove better at this trip. Really love the family, he's a half-brother to Fork Lightning, The Listener etc, so 3m really should suit him better.

Milanette caught my eye on her hurdling debut at Limerick when given a lot to do by Paul Townend. Not sure 9/2 represents any great value (hard to get a handle on her two main rivals) but what the hell, it's Christmas!

I'd like to see Walsh give her a positive ride mind you, as I have a feeling that two miles round Leopardstown on drying ground is probably a shade on the sharp side.

Is it just me, or is this one of the most competitive renewals of the Paddy Power in recent memory btw?

the jocks were asleep there and casey nicked five or ten lengths at the off on bobthewizard. Ruby the only one to go after him early. Fair dues to casey but the others were shocking.

Yes, I'd be worried. I'm an hour or so away but the frost is pretty serious tonight already. I'd be fearful.

Thinking of heading up tommorrow as well. Looks a serious card.

Vinnie's Friend looks a seriously progressive sort in what looks a typically competitive novices handicap hurdle. The Wexford race in which he landed an almighty gamble looks stronger form than it might have looked at the time.

the jocks were asleep there and casey nicked five or ten lengths at the off on bobthewizard. Ruby the only one to go after him early. Fair dues to casey but the others were shocking.

Russell was bad, the winner had form in the book and a jock who can ride from the front who he let dictate. Managed to stumble accross Hollo Ladies and had scots Irish without the 2 at 6/4...so a good day and great racing.

very heavy frost here 10 mins away from the track.

Joncol looks a fair enough price at 4's in the Lexus given the negatives surrounding most of the others. He'll get the trip standing on his head and is open to further progress.

Weapon's Amnesty is still a huge price at 7's in the novice chase. Pandorama will take all the beating back lft-handed, but this 3m on decent ground probably isn't as much of a test as 2m4f through a bog at Fairyhouse. The way Weapon's Amnesty travels through his races should stand him in good stead; I find it hard to see him out of the places.

Vibes very strong about Pandorama btw (and extremely weak about Aran in the Lexus).

Ruby looks value in the first,rated 99 on the flat.I have backed cooldine but aso like in compliance to run well.

Plenty of cash about for Weapons Amnesty in the novice chase. I personally think Pandorama is going to skate in, but money from that yard has to be respected.

Lexus Chase postponed til tomorrow due to fog.Thats good because only day I could go was tomorrow but wasn't going to bother with the average card

Back