Leopardstown Day 2

granger

Senior Jockey
Sarabad will go off at a very short price in the Juv Maiden for the Mullins team

Big Zeb v Golden Silver in the big 2m clash. GS will surely come on for his exploits in the Hilly Way

Sous Les Cieux is Mullins banker of the week

The Paddy Power will take some cracking. Groody Hill and Rivage D'Or stand out initially to me

Big Zeb v Golden Silver in the big 2m clash. GS will surely come on for his exploits in the Hilly Way

I can understand the price differential between Quito and Rubi Light in the Lexus - although I believe the latter is still a bet at 7/2. But 4/6 Zeb and 11/2 GS is a ridiculous gap. Has Mullins expressed bad vibes or something?

Fair enough. But first time out in a relatively minor race Mullins isn't gonna have him primed I wouldn't have thought. At this trip he shouldn't be longer than Noble Prince.

Reisovic could be absolutely chucked in off 121 in the handicap hurdle. The favourite looks well treated as well but further money for Reisovic cannot be ignored.

I'd give Noble Prince a squeak now rhe ground is drying out. He wasn't that far off the top novices over 2 miles - GNS is too much of a pup to be carrying any of my money.

Ad Idem has to be worth a few quid EW in the big handicap if he can be produced late.

Heading up tomorrow to clear my mind of today's plane crash!:o

I can understand the price differential between Quito and Rubi Light in the Lexus - although I believe the latter is still a bet at 7/2. But 4/6 Zeb and 11/2 GS is a ridiculous gap. Has Mullins expressed bad vibes or something?

Saw Mullins interviewed on ATR yesterday. Very little confidence behind Golden Silver; to paraphrase, he said that on his run in Cork he would have no chance and nothing he has shown at home since would give him a chance either. Also said the ground is gone too quick for him.

Does he just give up with horses once a setback occurs? If he'd had Kauto Star he'd have been retired a couple of years by now.

Hurricane Fly

Not the same. He's had an injury or two but he's never put in bad efforts on the track. I think Mikael D'Haguenet deserves another go over fences and if he'd been mine I'd have moved him to another yard. Same with Cooldine.

Cooldine's owners have been more than lucky with the 5 horses they have owned. I doubt they will have a horse with any other trainer.

Mikael possibly so but he just never seemed the same horse post his lay off

FUCKFUCKFUCK - R.I.P. poor GOLDEN SILVER. One killed in the second hurdles race today - wtf is wrong with Leopardstown, with SAM BASS dead yesterday? Tony Ennis idiotically saying he 'looked in some discomfort when he came down' - fuck's sake, man, the horse is in his death twitches!

Well done to BIG ZEB, brilliant work.

Last edited:
I have no sympathy for horses dieng, it's part of the sport and I'm the not the sort of emotional wreck who'll start crying about it too. Horses don't have minds so they are unaware of what anything around them means, they don't understand death so I'm not going to get myself worked up about it.

RIP Golden Silver though

FUCKFUCKFUCK - R.I.P. poor GOLDEN SILVER. One killed in the second hurdles race today - wtf is wrong with Leopardstown, with SAM BASS dead yesterday? Tony Ennis idiotically saying he 'looked in some discomfort when he came down' - fuck's sake, man, the horse is in his death twitches!

Well done to BIG ZEB, brilliant work.

Nothing wrong with the track. The ground is good and the softer ground horses are getting jarred up as Puppy Power said about Espresso Lady. Golden Silver might, just might, have gotten away with a fall like that on really soft ground. Not on good ground. RIP.

Big Zeb was Colm's 20th grade one in 11 years of training.

I have no sympathy for horses dieng, it's part of the sport and I'm the not the sort of emotional wreck who'll start crying about it too. Horses don't have minds so they are unaware of what anything around them means, they don't understand death so I'm not going to get myself worked up about it.

RIP Golden Silver though

Just for the record. You are a fucking clown.

Watch Nina's ride on Montan between the last 2 - can anyone tell me this horse was trying? Not a chance.

Bruce Savage's initials indicate all you need to know about him/it. Of course horses aren't self aware, you dingbat. But they are sentient beings and feel pain (rather as we do every time you post) and we, as the most intelligent species on earth, are capable of feeling sorrow when we see them die. But that's probably because we respect them, rather than just view them as a product to gamble on, which seems to be your only interest in their existence. You don't have to burst into tears to feel sorrow, but I suspect some of us might burst into cheers if you'd bugger off and infest somewhere that might find you interesting or amusing.

Back