Leopardstown Gallops

Guest_

At the Start
I know they are Irish Stamp's highlight of the year..:whistle:

Cooldine, Mikael D'Haguenet, Sportsline, Uimhiraceathair, Shakervilz, Go Native are just a few already confirmed. The Irish Field usually has a good list of them - will pop them up when I get it tomorrow. Not to be hugely read into but they can be interesting enough all the same.

Could easily see this be even busier than usual given the limited campaign some of the horses have had. Could easily see the likes of Pandorama, Blackstairmountain, Forpadytheplaster etc all turn up after their breaks or lack of experience.

Can't wait - will likely be playing "guess the horse" along with plenty others :)

To be fair they're very informative once you've worked out who's who lol

Any plans to take Morning Supreme to them do you know Gal?

I read that Morning Supreme is bypassing the Festival and going to run in Ireland. Really fancied this horse and thought there was a good chance of making a mark. Still do, of course. So, off to Leopardstown?

Sports Line almost too exuberant for his own good. I really like this horse, and can't rule him out of the Arkle.

Jumped well enough, but is too hesitant when he doesn't meet one on a stride. They should forget chasing this season, and almost certainly swerve Cheltenham regardless.

Jumped well enough, but is too hesitant when he doesn't meet one on a stride. They should forget chasing this season, and almost certainly swerve Cheltenham regardless.

I thought he jumped fine - just a novice and not much more could be expected. Has loads of scope when he meets one right. I would prefer if they kept him away from Cheltenham with the Powers Gold Cup and Punchestown the aim. Again I do not see the point in running him over hurdles not when he is fit and ready to get chasing experience into him now.

He really is an easy horse on the eye.

They were hardly going racing pace, Gal......and the hesitation would be exacerbated the quicker they go.

He has scope - no question - but there are no hiding places in either novice at Cheltenham, and there is no need to rush the horse this season. He has plenty time on his side.

They were hardly going racing pace, Gal......and the hesitation would be exacerbated the quicker they go.

He has scope - no question - but there are no hiding places in either novice at Cheltenham, and there is no need to rush the horse this season. He has plenty time on his side.

I am not sure I disagreed with anything you said - I said I do not think he should go to Cheltenham.

Good to see BLACK HARRY looking to enjoy his blow, too - I hope he comes back at some point. The fall he took some two years ago must've been some smash to have put him out for so long.

MIKAEL was cautious when running slowly, much more fluent when the pace wound up a bit. If he's that good a chaser, I can't see the point of hurdles - that's a different style of jumping and there's no need to confuse him! If he starts to flounder at Cheltenham, they can just PU and not disappoint him with blunders. SPORTSLINE is some engine - but I disagree and think the jumping was okay. The horse does need to listen to the jockey a bit more, though, and not try to master its rider.

By Ashley Iveson, Press Association Sport
Mikael D'Haguenet was the main focus of attention as a group of star names from the Willie Mullins yard went through their paces after racing at Leopardstown.
He was last seen in competitive action when winning over hurdles at Punchestown in May and has Cheltenham Festival engagements in the two-mile Irish Independent Arkle Challenge Trophy Chase and the RSA Chase over three miles.
Yet to jump a fence competitively outside of his native France, Mikael D'Haguenet schooled in the hands of Ruby Walsh and on the whole left connections satisfied.
Rich Ricci, husband of owner Susannah, said: "I'm happy enough, the engine is definitely still there.
"His jumping was a bit careful, but we'd rather him be like that than the other way.
"We will see how he is the next few days and we have always wanted to give him every opportunity to get there (Cheltenham). But we won't do anything to jeopardise the horse as he is a star and a Gold Cup horse in the making.
"We need to balance out the risk with the reward. He is a very exciting horse and we will have to see what happens."
Mullins added: "He was sure-footed, if a little slow and deliberate at one or two. But he is very sure of himself. It was a good piece of work and I'm delighted with him.
"I like the way he finished with J'Y Vole. She was very good and will go for the Ryanair now.
"We will see how Mikael is before making any decision."
Mullins went on: "Of the others, Cooldine was excellent as were Uimhiraceathair and The Midnight Club, although we may stay at home with him but I'll have to speak with the owner.
"Sports Line (Arkle) was very good, he needed that as he has one or two little setbacks. He will probably do it again. Barker needed it as well and he may also go somewhere again. He is a little behind and will need some hard work if we are going to make Cheltenham.
"Jayo did well and may go to Cheltenham for the one of the handicaps.
"I was delighted with Quevega (Mares' Hurdle), she seemed quite lit up."
William Hill left Mikael D'Haguenet unchanged at 14-1 for the RSA Chase and cut Uimhiraceathair to 16-1 from 25s. Sports Line is 10 from 12s for the Arkle and J'Y Vole 14 from 20s for the Ryanair.

MdH was slow, and unimpressive i thought. Will need to improve a lot to figure in the top novice races.

Back